This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview + encode disaster !
(21.08.2023, 16:18)Selur Wrote:
Quote:While iam talking about the HWdecoding setting in Config→Input→Decoding→Use Gpu for Decoding=  section from hybrid 
That will be used if you don't use Avisynth or Vapoursynth and will crash is you select something that doesn't work. Wink

REALY  Tongue → !?! 

I could have sworn, the first thing i did when i encountered that preview filter issue = Deselecting → HWencode totaly under input tab.. 
And that ↑ immediatly solved the problem  Huh  .  

what else , what other setting could have fixed / worked around that issue, since Libav HWdecoding is only for Intel/nvidia users...
I would guess "filesize", but the workarround did overcame that issues with that big file  Huh

(21.08.2023, 16:18)Selur Wrote:
Strange thing is, when I indexed it with FFVideoSource, closed the preview and reindexed it, is was faster.
Could it be a Windows disk caching issue?
Cu Selur

By disk cache, iam guessing you are refering to write caching for SSD/HDD ?  Do you?
Or are you refering to the reserved memory space (RAM) to write to and read from ?
And there is the swap/page file too..

It's best to enable that in device manager me thinks..

But more importantly, erratic speeds can be due to the ssd firmware, bios mobo, even device driver etc ...  
I wish it only wos that easy to improve speed by flipping an switch (registry/background services etc..)  Tongue  

Anyway, was it faster like in → did u saw the preview window in a snap of a finger (Litterally) Blush ?

If so, i keep mention that..  

With LWlibav, each time you tune the filters , lwlibav needs to created the index file from scratch ... 
The waiting game all the time untill the preview pops up Confused

With FFmpegSource2 it's way different, it only create the index just ONCE yes, ONE TIME, to get the preview to see, no matter what you change or enable what filter you get to see that window like INSTNANTLY ... Boom Cool  
I mean, could it be that ffmpegsource2 stores an portion of that media in the ram (or ramdisk)..  

Because ,i saw via islc that my 32GB ram sinks quite a bit using ffmpegsource2  Big Grin  

And just to be sure, u did tried this out using Ffmpegsource2 did you?

cheers,
td

Messages In This Thread
Preview + encode disaster ! - by ToiletDuck - 17.08.2023, 18:45
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 17.08.2023, 18:49
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 18.08.2023, 11:22
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 19.08.2023, 08:54
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 05:39
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 16:18
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by ToiletDuck - 21.08.2023, 22:00
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 05:09
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 16:37