This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview + encode disaster !
(23.08.2023, 14:37)Selur Wrote: -> seems like everything works as good as it can

Cu Selur

So far so good... except for E-AC3 (DD+)  Undecided

today i have gotten my AVR back from repairs.

And i wos very curious to see how my trusty "old" Denon receiver would cope with DD+ streams at differenten → Bitrates...

so, i ran an sample with DD+ → @1500Kbps ... And iam telling you , some very weird stuff is going on when i choose high bitrates for E-AC3.

check this, i have sound and bitstreamed uhuh... Whereas with the former soundbar, i did not get any sound.. unless pcm in pdvd..

BUT..  the sound plays very choppy, and the framerate / playback is very very choppy aswell BOTH in PDVD and my hardware bluray player.

So you see, the hardware player seems to agree with pdvd and vice versa, but god knows why !?!?
See, something is very wrong using given bitrates in DD+ format... if only knew what..  
Have contacted cyberlink about that already, yet have to receive an plausible explanation ..  Huh

One thing is certain, it doesn't seem to be an AVR issue... 
Denon is one of , if not the best brands next to marantz for AVR's ..

Cheers,
TD

Messages In This Thread
Preview + encode disaster ! - by ToiletDuck - 17.08.2023, 18:45
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 17.08.2023, 18:49
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 18.08.2023, 11:22
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 19.08.2023, 08:54
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 05:39
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 16:18
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 05:09
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 16:37
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 23.08.2023, 14:37