This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] H.265 + Hybrid + Adobe Premiere Elements 2021
Hybrid Version: 2023.03.17.1
Windows 10

I have a problem when using files encoded to H.265 with Hybrid in Adobe Premiere Elements 2021 (APE2021)
At first, I'd like to point out that this is not Hybrid specific problem as I have similar issues when using Handbrake and Shutter encoder as well. 

Source file comes from GoPro8 (4K H.265 60fps) and it works in APE2021 without any issues. No problem at all. 
When I re-encode it with AviDemu it works in APE2021 as well. No issues.  

However, if I use Hybrid (or HandBrake or Shutter Encoder) to encode to H.265  (both: software and NVEnc) I have problems after importing such files to Adobe Premiere Elements 2021.  I can import such videos and place them on the timeline, but they quickly make APE unresponsive.   
(I also tested it with Adobe Premiere Elements 2023 Trial version and the problem is still present)

I will send sample files and debug file in Private Message. 

I'm not suggesting that there is some issue with Hybrid, but maybe there is some option that I should use to make H.265 files encoded with Hybrid fully compatible with APE. I tried to get some support at Adobe Premiere Elements forum but nobody was able to help. 

I did plenty of tests with different encoder setting and it seems that they are not affecting that problem. Maybe there is something wrong with mp4 format.

I captured this video to show the problem: 
https://youtu.be/LDJjbHz71Ww

Messages In This Thread
H.265 + Hybrid + Adobe Premiere Elements 2021 - by tomek398 - 11.10.2023, 18:49