This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Audio Format NOT supported !
This i realy something  Dodgy else..

today, i've tried to play some media files from an usb stick on my LG FUlLHD 3D smart TV.

The media file contains 1 e-ac3 audio track that the LG doesn't seems to support..
Yet, an EAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1) sample i have download plays just perfect on my tv?

But it refuses to playback a 5.1/2.0 e-ac3 track !?!

But, the eac3 track from the media files does playback just fine in other strict players such as my BD player and PDVD..
What does that even mean  Huh

so, the E-AC3 audio codec is an non-stop recuring problem when iam using that format for my media files for some mysterious reason !
I then did an EAC3 to DTS format transcode, and voila.. My TV does NOT HAVE ONE slightest problem to playback the fresh created DTS track  Huh 

EAC3 keeps haunting this poor duck !!

Cheerios
TD °^°

UPDATE : Found the Cullprit ↓

So, just found out that the eac3 audio from my untouched media file does play perfect on my TV.. 

But ONCE i remux it using hybrid using PASSTHROUGH, the TV complains about unsupported format again !!!

That ↑ indicates, that the mux process affects the untouched EAC3 tracks in a BAD WAY  Sad 

This means, the compatibility of all audio tracks from the new created media files through hybrid are RUINED to some degree  .. 0_0 !
Just GREAT .. SPLENDID

UPDATE 2:  

It seems, TSmux gui is the CULLPRIT !!  Original source file played just fine, UNTILL i remux it through TSmux and tried to playback that file from usb on my HDTV !!

Great, another (and not MINOR) issue with nightly builds ....  Dodgy

Messages In This Thread
Audio Format NOT supported ! - by ToiletDuck - 20.11.2023, 00:33
RE: Audio Format NOT supported ! - by Selur - 20.11.2023, 06:27
RE: Audio Format NOT supported ! - by Selur - 20.11.2023, 14:50
RE: Audio Format NOT supported ! - by Selur - 20.11.2023, 15:45
RE: Audio Format NOT supported ! - by Selur - 20.11.2023, 16:22
RE: Audio Format NOT supported ! - by Selur - 20.11.2023, 18:07
RE: Audio Format NOT supported ! - by Selur - 20.11.2023, 18:37
RE: Audio Format NOT supported ! - by Selur - 20.11.2023, 18:59