This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

vhs-bordercontrol, telecide() and (ml)degrain in vapoursynth
having some issues on scene-changes with mdegrain2 from old mvtools, in old avisynth, i was wondering about hybrid, and after some tinkering here are questions that presented themselves to me:

a) functionality of avs' bordercontrol filter in vapoursynth? is there any wrapper for vapour to load avs plugins? or a way to get same or simillar functionality? i'm using it to cover headswitching noise on the bottom of vhs caps.

b) didn't find a way to do simple pal phase shift in hybrid with vapour, dunno why would tivtc think that should be 20fps output, or better to ask why can't one turn off decimation?

c) i like the results of didee's mldegrain, but it should be applied after telecide, instead of using qtgmc first....this content needs no constant deinterlacing
(i'm using term "telecide" for anything doing decombing of film content)

here's the clip that destroys MDegrain2i2 (just blurs scene change across 4-5 frames):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ut51kjhyj...n.avi/file

here's clip that breaks old telecide in old avs (telecide(post=false)) when mantegna's hand moves in  conjucton with just half of subtitles remaining in that frame
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7k7hfnoiy...s.avi/file

but that in itself is not a big issue, one can just remove post=false for telecide to deint. that frame....in its old, crude ways of deinterlacing....
(yes, the subs are interlaced, i don't care, yes, the remainder of first clip (ie whole movie) has pal phase shifts happening elsewhere)

the original thread on doom9 that hosted mldegrain doesn't have it any more,  could we enclose the original version here?
thanks

Messages In This Thread
vhs-bordercontrol, telecide() and (ml)degrain in vapoursynth - by i4004 - 18.05.2024, 00:19