This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

vhs-bordercontrol, telecide() and (ml)degrain in vapoursynth
(18.05.2024, 06:34)Selur Wrote: MDegrain2i2 is not available in Hybrid. MDegrain2i2 should be used on interlaced content, so I don't really see the connection.
like I wrote, Hybrid already has a MLDegrain (not MDegrain2i2) port, but at this point I'm not sure what you are actually looking for,..

no connection, just an example of what old mdegrain has issues with....

i was thinking about using avisynth (with mldegrain) to do mpeg2 encode (hcenc just takes .avs), but after this denoising it kinda lacks the noise, so mpeg2 is kinda moot....mpeg2 is best to preserve noise....and interlacing....but this won't have either of those two....

last nite i did this (attachment).
removed decimate, added crop/borders, tried another denoiser (temporaldegrain), edited out YUV422P8 to YUV420P8 conversion because i thought green border instead of black was caused by color conversion (  Vapoursynth AddBorders with StaxRip - Doom9's Forum ). 

that mostly solves it. i've now fed that script into hybrid's input, turned off all video processing, used source clip for audio, and am getting just a blip on the beginning of clip:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jr7oxtj6n...4.mp4/file
(probably reducing audio volume is good thing when playing it)
tinkered with some audio options on "misc" tab of "audio", to no avail. 

now when i listen to source clip, it's obvious audio just has beginning, just as mediainfo suggest (107ms). rest of audio is clipped.

also, where would one set 4:3 ar flag for mp4 output? it's 480x576, but it's 4:3. 

something else interesting: mismatch in "finished percentage" during job (attachment).

semi-related, there's even chromashift for vhs 2nd generation copies
VapoursynthScriptsInHybrid/chromashift.py at master · Selur/VapoursynthScriptsInHybrid · GitHub
which is nice (path: filtering->vapour->color->misc)

kuzon, good denoising, but (vertical) resize destroyed the subtitles...what did you use?
here's mldegrain
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fhakzaolf...w.mp4/file
seems to obliterate 90% of the noise....the color is slightly shifted down....
audio works fine there, it's loading .avi clip straight to hybrid, not loading the py script as in above clip with audio issues.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: vhs-bordercontrol, telecide() and (ml)degrain in vapoursynth - by i4004 - 18.05.2024, 12:39