This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Video frame rate is doubled for Bluray sources
I think I'm experiencing that the final output from Bluray encode jobs have double video frame rate than expected. Final output video will have video playing back at twice the expected speed. The video playback will finish at the halfway point of the file, but the audio plays back properly.

I've tested with encoding jobs using sources from DVD and Bluray ripped via MakeMKV.
It only happens on Bluray material, not DVD.
Im using x265 video pretty basically to convert source to a mobile version. MKV container, CRF 25, veryslow preset, no cropping or resizing, filtering is default Vapoursynth settings, no speed changes or anything fancy. I think that's the extent of how I change video settings. Audio is Opus 128k, but that shouldn't matter.

Hybrid version: 2024.06.09.1 Win10 64bit version. (though I've experienced this behavior with the past version or two of Hybrid).
There's no pop up or obvious error message. The job completes, but when you playback the output video, you see the video playback looks sped up.
I enabled debug file, ran a job to get a log to attach.

This might be related to these topics, but either a step didn't match mine exactly or they said a dev build fixed the issue. Hybrid has been updated since those posts, so I'm not sure if that means release build didnt get those changes or if my issue isn't similar after all:
https://forum.selur.net/thread-3724.html
https://forum.selur.net/thread-3718.html

Attached Files
.zip   HybridDebugOutput.zip (Size: 400,59 KB / Downloads: 10)

Messages In This Thread
Video frame rate is doubled for Bluray sources - by shank - 11.06.2024, 21:18