This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] File doesn't encode properly, video cuts off before it's finished
(31.07.2024, 15:14)Selur Wrote:
Quote:If you click "Create Debug File" during the encode, will it still be made? Or do I have to restart the encode?
Debug Output starts when 'Create Debug File' is enabled and is placed inside the output folder, which is why a output folder needs to be known.

Quote:Too bad I have zero idea if it's being deinterlaced/telecined again since there's absolutely no indicator anywhere on Hybrid.
Aside from looking in the generated script, there never was an indicator that showed whether deinterlacing was done or not.
Using the latest dev, you can enable 'Create Report file' and you can see the Vapoursynth/Avisynth used.

Quote:There's no indicator from Hybrid to ignore it because it's progressive, the UI indicates "it's flagged as progressive, but do this anyway".
If you want progressive content to get deinterlaced, you need to tell Hybrid that it is not progressive but interlaced by overwriting the scan type,...

Quote: I have absolutely no idea why the option was removed, there is no benefit and too much doubt or confusion.
If you have no idea, you clearly lost your memory about what I wrote in your other thread.

Quote:It's a UI nightmare no matter how you look at it.
If you don't like the UI, don't use it.
It's as simple as that.

Cu Selur

And if you have progressive content that you do NOT want deinterlaced? What do you do? You avoided that question entirely.

"If you don't like the massively upended UI that no one has reported positively on, do not use it" is a weird flex. You're a software developer who uploaded their work publicly, presumably you're developing software for people to use, not just for personal use. So far no one's commented positively on the change but it's caused a lot of confusion and negativity.

You entirely upended a crucial function of the software with no explanation why or how it's supposed to work going forward.

Messages In This Thread
RE: File doesn't encode properly, video cuts off before it's finished - by Dyshonest - 01.08.2024, 00:22