This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Audio not-in-sync after processing
Quote:Not sure what to do with the sample since:
a. you wrote that you fed Hybrid with an mkv (the attached is a mov)
b. the sample is too short (800ms) to see any sync issues.
I was hoping that maybe from the source material you would be able to see anything interesting. Mov to mkv conversion was made by the Lossless Cut program which from my knowledge does not re-encode streams but only repackages them. I used Lossless Cut to merge all the individual scenes to a single file to process with a single job. The merged file was in .mkv container which did not exhibit sync problems. Correct me if I am wrong or there is some way to feed 100 mov files into Hybrid so it would output a single file.

Interestingly enough DV codec is not acceptable in .mkv container according to Hybrid but Lossless Cut did it without batting an eye... I could try merging into .mov container

Quote:if you use your setting and additionally enable "Config->Input->Decoding->CFR output", does that help with the sync issue?
Not if I can tell

Quote:if you use some elaborate 'monster' antivirus suite, try whether it helps to disable it.
Windows Defender only

Quote:if you set Video&Audio processing to passthrough and just remux the file, is it still sync?
Nope, it wen't out of sync

Quote:if the Vapoursynth Preview shows the expected number of frames (I suspect not). Does this change if you use another decoder? (FFMS2 or Bestsource?)
Input file frame count: 88758
Vapoursynth Preview frame count: 177516
Output file with audio sync problem frame count: 177335 (roughly 4 seconds missing which is ~out-of-sync value at the end of the video I experience)
Output file with Frame Interpolation for 50 FPS frame count: 172573 frames (I tried that to see if maybe it would help)

I couldn't find the place to change the decoder, could you point me to it?
I'll try to prepare a sample but it may take a while since I have time only at evenings/nights to do stuff on the computer.

Edit: Passthrough, 50 FPS interpolation and checking preview frame count where made on updated Hybrid version (2024-09-29)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio not-in-sync after processing - by s_noopy - 06.10.2024, 12:06