This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] "Real" PAL<>NTSC framerate conversion with speed changing?
Quote:I'm not sure we're on the same page. I don't want a speed-change. I want to convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa in a way it will cause the video to change in speed, as more or less frames should be played in 1 second. I don't want to affect the total number of frames.
Keep all frames, making the clip like 4.3% (I think) longer.

It's the second thing I'm looking for.
this is done by changing how many frames are shown during a second -> so a speed change Smile
By changing the playback speed (= the time each frame is shown) the frame count isn't changed and thus the total playback length changes. Smile
Quote:There might be more decimals after it.
"23.976" is internally converted to 24000/1001.
Quote:I have to admit these terms go beyond my knowledge of video encoding (if that's the right word even).
cfr = constant frame rate (usually anything that is broadcasted or from a physical media)
vfr = variable frame rate (mobile camera captures and some anime encodes from scene groups)

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Real" PAL<>NTSC framerate conversion with speed changing? - by Selur - 17.07.2018, 17:58