02.10.2026, 20:43
Oh, thanks so much for all your suggestions! I will consider incorporating each and every one of your filters. I'll probably make a printout of your full scripts for reference.
I should clarify how I did the captures and my setup. So, I don't apply any deinterlacing on the fly while recording my discs. I also disable any filter processing during recording. Alwyn at the VideoHelp forum helped me get AmaRecTV and my capture device installed. He also completed a guide for configuring all the settings. I consult that before performing my captures. The disc was originally a letterboxed/non-anamorphic presentation that I captured at 4x3 with resolution of 720x480.
And since this is film footage that was telecined (and placed on an analog video format), I'm going to execute a TIVTC and convert it from 29.97 fps to 23.976. It looks field shifted because it's all interlaced. I didn't convert any of those sample clips to progressive. They're all raw captures.
I can give SpotLess a try, but lately, I tinkered extensively with the settings in RemoveDirtMC and finally arrived at optimal settings that remove lots of artifacts but doesn't leave the image appearing overly processed at all. Took many hours of experimenting with various parameters and applying them to a Hong Kong movie on LD that had lots of age-related specks and light rot on the LD.
For denoisers, I'm looking forward to trying DFTTest. I did a deep read about that filter and have settings for both moderate denoising and light denoising saved that I can employ.
I should clarify how I did the captures and my setup. So, I don't apply any deinterlacing on the fly while recording my discs. I also disable any filter processing during recording. Alwyn at the VideoHelp forum helped me get AmaRecTV and my capture device installed. He also completed a guide for configuring all the settings. I consult that before performing my captures. The disc was originally a letterboxed/non-anamorphic presentation that I captured at 4x3 with resolution of 720x480.
And since this is film footage that was telecined (and placed on an analog video format), I'm going to execute a TIVTC and convert it from 29.97 fps to 23.976. It looks field shifted because it's all interlaced. I didn't convert any of those sample clips to progressive. They're all raw captures.
I can give SpotLess a try, but lately, I tinkered extensively with the settings in RemoveDirtMC and finally arrived at optimal settings that remove lots of artifacts but doesn't leave the image appearing overly processed at all. Took many hours of experimenting with various parameters and applying them to a Hong Kong movie on LD that had lots of age-related specks and light rot on the LD.
For denoisers, I'm looking forward to trying DFTTest. I did a deep read about that filter and have settings for both moderate denoising and light denoising saved that I can employ.

