06.10.2026, 14:22
in this state it seems the official appimage does not work with the official vapoursynth package at least with arch based distros even with the right path that it tries to find 'vapoursynth' file.
Cachyos is using the same vapoursynth package structure as Arch. you can check every path and file of package at bottom of this official page (package files section):
https://packages.cachyos.org/package/cac...apoursynth
'usr/bin/vapoursynth' is not a binary, but an executable script.
my goal would be to use the official appimage and vapoursynth to avoid to install its tons of additional dependecies and using aur repo.
as far as I see on your download page (https://www.selur.de/downloads) there is no other 'image' for arch but user made package in aur repo with tons of dependecies that I would like to avoid if other 'cleaner' method is exists as on your download page it says the basic tools are included in appimage already except vapoursynth.
edit: I tried out the binary from https://www.selur.de/files/hybrid_downlo..._qt642.zip that aur arch package points to, first time did segfault and dumped core, second time it opened but it also did not find vapoursynth that installed from distro package and does not use misc.ini as I see.
Cachyos is using the same vapoursynth package structure as Arch. you can check every path and file of package at bottom of this official page (package files section):
https://packages.cachyos.org/package/cac...apoursynth
'usr/bin/vapoursynth' is not a binary, but an executable script.
my goal would be to use the official appimage and vapoursynth to avoid to install its tons of additional dependecies and using aur repo.
as far as I see on your download page (https://www.selur.de/downloads) there is no other 'image' for arch but user made package in aur repo with tons of dependecies that I would like to avoid if other 'cleaner' method is exists as on your download page it says the basic tools are included in appimage already except vapoursynth.
edit: I tried out the binary from https://www.selur.de/files/hybrid_downlo..._qt642.zip that aur arch package points to, first time did segfault and dumped core, second time it opened but it also did not find vapoursynth that installed from distro package and does not use misc.ini as I see.

