This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Rename tracks help please and help with chapters
(06.08.2018, 16:24)Selur Wrote: And here is one of the restrictions of mp4:
It does not support .srt, .ass and .pgs subtitles.
It does only support ttxt and idx/sub. And support die those two is also rather sparse in players.
So to keep content compatible Hybrid converts srt to ttxt (removing formating iirc).
As aside note: the inital srt specification also does not support HTML styling tags.
If you want styled subtitles with mp4 you can:
a. embed/hardcode the subtitles
b. convert the subtitles to idx/sub
c. place the subtitles next to the file in a separate File.

Cu Selur

Hmm, weird, so every other program I've used, like mymp4box gui, handbrake, DVDFAB, Box 4, etc. all just silently converted the .srt files, and they all worked with things like italics in the .mp4 format, but Hybrid does not work to change and embed them in the same way?  I chose .srt files BECAUSE they are text based, and not image based ones, but I didn't realize they were not actually supported by the .mp4 container.  What is weird, and I guess why I never noticed it before, is the other videos I had added an .srt file into, played italics and such just fine, so it was surprising when this one didn't.  I suppose I can convert all of my collection to .mkv, but with Hybrid, it shouldn't be too hard.  The last question, is does Hybrid support Batch processing, where I can load a bunch of movies into it, and convert them from .mp4 to .mkv?  How do I do that, as every time I click on the Open File button if there is a source already loaded, it crashes Hybrid?

Thanks for the help and understanding, sorry if I've appeared grumpy, I've just been frustrated with strep throat, and sleep deprivation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rename tracks help please and help with chapters - by Mapsking - 07.08.2018, 00:44