This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

hvc1 brand HEVC Video Stream for QuickTime Compatibility
(05.10.2018, 18:00)Selur Wrote: Under "Config->Output->Container Settings->Mp4 Settings" try changing 'HEVC brand', enabling 'iTunes compatibility' might also help.
(Since Apple abandoned Quicktime on Windows and I don't own a Mac anymore, I can't test.)

Cu Selur

Setting the brand words for changing the brand on the mp4 container to hvc1, but not on the HEVC stream - no matter what I set for that option x265 seems to write an hev1 brand to the video elementary stream.  And it's the stream brand that QuickTime's gawking at, even when I have iTunes compatibility enabled.

If you have any other ideas I'm happy to test them.  If not, I have a workaround for my clients (use mpv instead of QuickTime, which also has the benefit of much better playback performance), but if there's a fix lurking somewhere in the x265 syntax it'd be convenient to have the compatibility.

Sam

Messages In This Thread
RE: hvc1 brand HEVC Video Stream for QuickTime Compatibility - by sbilodeau - 08.10.2018, 23:27