This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poll: Would you like to see these features implemented?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
33.33%
1 33.33%
Some
33.33%
1 33.33%
No
0%
0 0%
Don't care
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Feature Suggestions Regarding Automatic Filename Generation
My two cents:
Regarding 1.:
This request should go to the x265 developers not me.

Regarding 2:
Not going to happen. Intermediate files did at one point contain lots of meta data which causes lots of problems on Windows due to lack of UTF-8 support through a bunch of tools and some Windows combinations. To avoid those problems Hybrid now should use generated names based on the job ID and this is the way it will stay.

Regarding 3:
or example: 'test#{2}' would become 'test#01' unless it already exists, in which case it'll become 'test#02' as opposed to just replacing the older file.
What should happen if there already is a file named 'test#2' ?
If something like this is wanted it should cover all eventualities and I need to know whether this is a feature or the file name generation or of the job processing.
To clarify:
During File generation: Existence of file XY would be generated upon job creation. So if you run a job multiple times output would be overwritten.
(atm. 'Generate' option adds a '_new' whenever the file name already exists <- this I would remove)
During job processing: During job processing a Hybrid would check the last 'rename' (or if no 'rename' subjob exists the last processing call to check whether the output exists and adjust the call accordingly - this could be a lot of work.)

Regarding 4:
*.chp (Chapter files) and *.xml (Matroska tag files) should both be created inside the temp folder, not the source folder (unless the source is the temp folderWink.
+ both should get deleted unless Hybrid is told to keep intermediate files (or the processing is aborted or crashed)
Tested both here and for me the *.chp and the *.xml file both get created inside the temp folder and get deleted during normal processing.
-> If this isn't the case for you, share details and I might be able to fix it.

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feature Suggestions Regarding Automatic Filename Generation - by Selur - 17.11.2017, 06:47