This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poll: Would you like to see these features implemented?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
33.33%
1 33.33%
Some
33.33%
1 33.33%
No
0%
0 0%
Don't care
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Feature Suggestions Regarding Automatic Filename Generation
(17.11.2017, 19:25)Selur Wrote: Tell Hybrid to create report files ('Config->Internals->Create report file') and you will see something like this:
Thanks, this is something i've been looking for, for a while now.

(17.11.2017, 19:25)Selur Wrote: -> So in your case it won't help at all if I would add additional mkv tags since MediaInfo won't detect them and report them. Smile
I haven't actually asked for more tags as such though, but for copying of metadata to output filename. e.g. 'output_filename_bitrate=12345Kbps_size=987654bytes' or 'output_filename_crf=24;qcomp=0.8;pbratio=1.2.mkv'. The exact syntax wouldn't matter either, if ';' or '=' were to cause problems, underscore would do too.

(17.11.2017, 19:25)Selur Wrote: Okay, this feature isn't used as intended and I do not plan to write any workaround for that.
Understandable, but besides the point. I only use it because it's currently closer to what i want than the official implementation for setting directories.

(17.11.2017, 19:25)Selur Wrote: So a different file directory for each type of generated file. -> Sorry, that's not happening.
If i understand you correctly, nope. What i mean is that all intermediate files get put into the same subfolder, that's location is dynamic in relation to either the source or output directory. There is no need to separate each filetype.
Implementations i would find practical would look something like: 'source_folder/encodes/*' with or without the output file, 'output_folder/intermediaries/*' with or without the output file or a new folder named after the output filename (without an extension) such as 'source_folder/output_filename/*' or 'output_folder/output_filename/*'.

(17.11.2017, 19:25)Selur Wrote: The '_new' will only checked and added when 'Generate' gets triggered.
For example:
You load a file (or multiple files) into Hybrid and 'Generate' is enabled, Hybrid will check for each file whether a name with it's name exists and will add '_new' in case it does. So assuming you now add a job for the file(s) you added, change your encoding settings and create another job:
a. generate won't get triggered
b. no additional '_new' would get added, even if 'Generate' was triggered since the output file doesn't exist.
This is consistent with my observations. The way this check works is probably good enough for casual encoding jobs, but when testing and comparing various encoding settings it becomes very inpractical, hence the need to keep the intermediaries, put them in a separate folder, group by type & arrange folder by date. The extra .chp & .xml files in source folder are a rather minor griavance by comparison.

(17.11.2017, 19:25)Selur Wrote: c. if you do stuff like changing the output folder through file name generation like you did, Hybrid will look inside the wrong folder. Smile
Due to points a. and b., knowing this doesn't really make a difference though, hence Suggestion 4.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feature Suggestions Regarding Automatic Filename Generation - by Nuihc88 - 17.11.2017, 23:25