This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poll: Would you like to see these features implemented?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
33.33%
1 33.33%
Some
33.33%
1 33.33%
No
0%
0 0%
Don't care
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Feature Suggestions Regarding Automatic Filename Generation
(19.11.2017, 05:54)Selur Wrote: About adding both 'Inform' and 'Encoding settings':
To allow mixing of 'Inform' and 'Encoding settings' multiple instances of both parameters would be accepted and their order would determine the order in which they are added.
Options like:
--Separator="#" --Merger="_" --Inform="Video#Width %Width%%" --EncodingSettings="CRF %crf=%" -Inform="Video;Height %Height%%"
could result in a name addition like:
Width 660_CRF 18.0_Height 480

=> Should I add this? Any thoughts about it?
Sure, it would have it's uses, however it wouldn't be quite as useful by itself as with a blacklist for baseline settings.

I've been trying to identify and categorize potential problems and solutions relating to special characters for couple of hours now. Looks like MediaTab output differs in some ways from what MediaInfoRenamer produces, so the list below might not be completely accurate, but here goes:

I'd use a RegEx based output filter for replacing any unusable characters, the main ones i keep seeing used in MediaInfo output being: '/' & ':'
  1. RegEx Replace: all instances of "kb/s" with "Kbps".
  2. As exceptions to oncoming stages: RegEx Replace ':' with '÷' for 'Display aspect ratio' & '/' with '÷' for 'frame rate'.
  3. RegEx Replace ':' with either '¦' or ' - As these would be very readable in the context of timecodes, which seem to be the main usage case here (aside from 'Display aspect ratio'), unlike '.' or ';' which already seem to have a specific uses in the context of timecodes and would require further replace actions for the sake of clarity.
  4. RegEx Replace '/' with ';' - As the former seems to be mostly used in listing stuff like 'Channel positions' & 'Encoding settings' (aside from 'Frame rate'), while the latter is previously unused in those contexts while also having a similar meaning in everyday use.
  5. RegEx Replace " with ' - I'm not sure if this is even used anywhere as i didn't encounter any examples, however it's the closest match.
  6. RegEx Replace any of these: '/\|?*' with '' (as in nothing) or perhaps '_'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feature Suggestions Regarding Automatic Filename Generation - by Nuihc88 - 19.11.2017, 06:24