This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poll: Would you like to see these features implemented?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
33.33%
1 33.33%
Some
33.33%
1 33.33%
No
0%
0 0%
Don't care
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Feature Suggestions Regarding Automatic Filename Generation
(19.11.2017, 06:51)Selur Wrote: Letting users specify RegExs is a bad since most users can't use them. So this would only be an additional option for advanced users.
Actually i was just looking at the problem from the perspective of execution order and one possible method used, not from end-user's perspective, as in what to show them.

(19.11.2017, 06:51)Selur Wrote: What you specified there are just replacement so an additional option could be added:
--Separator="#" --Replacements="kb/s%Kbps#:%¦"
this would tell the Renamer to replace "kb/s" with "Kbps" and ":" with "¦" inside part of the additions string.
So
640 pixels_352 pixels_722 kb/s_25.000 FPS
from before, would end up ad:
640 pixels_352 pixels_722 Kbps/s_25.000 FPS
Looks good. PS. Just realized that the exceptions from second step of my RegEx example would give the simple replacement approach trouble when those symbols are also required in another context. (e.g. %AspectRatio/String% & %Duration/String4% both use ':')

(19.11.2017, 06:51)Selur Wrote: As a side note: Replacing "kb/s" with "Kbps" is a bad thing since the first implies k = 1000 and the second K = 1024. (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilobit)
Indeed, i was copy-pasting lines from MediaTab while comparing them to MediaInfoRenamer outputs and failed to catch that.

PS. I kept seeing multiple output format choices in MediaTab and after some testing found out that there is an undocumented feature in MediaInfoRenamer: Replacing '/String' with '/String1', etc. will give different output formats when available. Order equivalence to MediaTab is: '%StreamSize%', '%StreamSize/String%', '%StreamSize/String1%', '%StreamSize/String2%', etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feature Suggestions Regarding Automatic Filename Generation - by Nuihc88 - 19.11.2017, 08:05