This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file
(01.12.2017, 06:28)Selur Wrote: Joining the separate audio streams into one isn't the problem 'Audio->Bast->Audio Encoding->Merge audio streams'  (+ custom) can do that.
Problem is the decoding of the video stream since Hybrid normally doesn't use '-enable_drefs 1 -use_absolute_path 1' as an option.

Busy today after work, but I can look into it over the weekend.

Main problems are probably:
1. find a way to differentiate such files from others.
Preferable using:
mediainfo --full "PATH TO FILE"
But if
ffmpeg -i "path to file"
or
mplayer -v -msglevel identify=6 -vo null -ao null -frames 0 "PATH TO FILE"
would output something unique for such a file that would be okay too.

2. figuring out how to decode such a file
with:
a. ffmpeg (that you already solved)
b. mplayer (would be nice to have)
c. Avisynth (to allow Avisynth filtering)
d. Vapoursynth (to allow Vapoursynth filtering)

3. check whether the timecode and hdr data can/should be used somehow
Timecode data for example is dropped by MediaInfo:
Time code of first frame                 : 00:16:54:23
Time code, striped                       : Yes
Time code, striped                       : Yes
MediaInfo doesn't report anything about the hdr data.

-> If you got time any can help with any of the points (especially point 1 might be easier for you to solve since you probably got more such files) any help is appreciated.

Will report back once I had some time to look at this over the weekend.

Cu Selur
Wow, thank you for the prompt reply. I really appreciate any time you have to look into it for me. TC would be nice to retain, I don't think that there is any HDR content as it is all SD resolution DV25.
Reading the execution log at the bottom of Hybrid I see:

Quote:  Grabbing video ids for 7PMb_TownsvilleRAP_1007.mov.
  -> Video ids found: 0
 Analyzing video streams...
  Analyzing video stream (0).
Does this mean that it cannot recognize the video stream or that it has found the 'first' video stream?
Sorry I am not sure what you mean by how to "differentiate such files from others". What function should I test this with?

Messages In This Thread
Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 01.12.2017, 05:16
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 01.12.2017, 06:56
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 01.12.2017, 08:03
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 02.12.2017, 15:24
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 02.12.2017, 15:40
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 02.12.2017, 15:58
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 02.12.2017, 16:06
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 03.12.2017, 01:32
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 03.12.2017, 14:05
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 04.12.2017, 00:38
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 05.12.2017, 04:45
RE: Trouble reading Pointer file in MXF type file - by 3pointedit - 07.12.2017, 11:53