This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Cannot double frame rate a video due to “.264 too small” crash
Hello,
I would like to report a problem. It is hard to explain, but I will try my best to simplify it. I apologise in advance for my bad English.

– OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1903 Insiders (unactivated)
– Hybrid version 2019.11.30.1 (as the window says, but I did download the latest version: 2019.12.01.1)
– Error message:
Aborting '19_12_56_5810_04_video' due to: ERROR: C:\Users\asus\AppData\Local\Temp\melodyres.264 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)

Problem explanation (as best as I can):
Some videos can be frame-doubled, some cannot.
For this, I imported a ZIP file in which there are two folders: a folder that has a camera recording that is successfully converted from 29.97fps to 59.94fps and a folder that is not converted from 25.032fps to 50.064fps.

In the first video, camera recording, “test” (original file) has successfully been converted to “out” (result).
For this, the video processing was set to ×264, data rate was doubled, encoding level profile was set on 3.2, Avisynth was set to double the frame rate through FPS Ajust: Interframe > Tuning: smooth + target frame rate: (double) + override algorithm: smooth.
The process was successfully done as you see in ZIP archive attached to this thread.

However, in the second video that I downloaded from YouTube (sadly not mine), same resolution, I did the same process (except for profile, which was on 4.1, but I don’t think this is a problem) but it referred me to the error message that you could see above. The target output was named “melodyres.mp4”, but it crashed. I have no idea for the reason, so I went to the temporary files folder and deleted that, an mbtree.temp file and a temp file because I do not think they are useful after the crash.

I did a reset to Hybrid, tried to reinstall it then tried again but this time by naming the same YouTube-sourced video’s output target as “testing”. What happened? Hybrid created “melodyres.264” instead of “testing.264” and showed me the same error.

After that, I came back to the camera recording and I tried to double the frame rate again and I used a random output target name (for example “yup”), but Hybrid created “melodyres.264” again instead of “yup.264” and showed me the same error again.

Would you mind helping me on this, please?
A ZIP file is attached.
Looking forward your response.
Thank you very much for considering in this thread.

Messages In This Thread
Cannot double frame rate a video due to “.264 too small” crash - by BridgeToWisdom - 30.12.2019, 16:22