This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Loss of x264 options when selecting a preset
Question 
I've always just glossed over this, finally it's bugged me enough to ask about it.

In Hybrid, load any video, go to the x264 tab, and select "constant rate factor (1-pass)" for encoding mode.

The x264 command line looks like:

x264 --preset veryfast --crf 18.00 --profile high --level 4.1 --ref 3 --direct auto --b-adapt 0 --sync-lookahead 15 --qcomp 0.5 --rc-lookahead 40 --qpmax 51 --partitions i4x4,p8x8,b8x8 --no-fast-pskip --subme 5 --aq-mode 2 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 1:1 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --non-deterministic --demuxer raw --input-res 1312x960 --input-csp i420 --input-range tv --input-depth 8 --fps 25/1 --output-depth 8 --output "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Lossless.264" -

Now, click the arrow next to "Preset", in my case I use veryslow. The command line changes to:

x264 --preset veryslow --crf 18.00 --profile high --level 4.1 --ref 6 --sync-lookahead 1 --qpmax 51 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 1:1 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --non-deterministic --demuxer raw --input-res 1312x960 --input-csp i420 --input-range tv --input-depth 8 --fps 25/1 --output-depth 8 --output "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Lossless.264" -

So, the following command line options have been completely eliminated:

--direct auto
--b-adapt 0
--qcomp 0.5
--rc-lookahead 40
--partitions i4x4,p8x8,b8x8
--no-fast-pskip
--subme 5
--aq-mode 2

Is that by design, or a bug? It's been like that for quite a long time.

Video files seem to look and play fine... so I'm not sure how important this is.  Tongue

Messages In This Thread
Loss of x264 options when selecting a preset - by The_Tinkerer - 11.07.2020, 07:37