This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

No video when audio passthough is selected
Hi,

When I encode a video with the "audio passthrough" option enabled, the resulting output file only plaays the audio. The screen remains black. I've tried different players and OSes, so it's an issue with the output file. The size of the output file indicates that the video stream is present, but it just doesn't play. And the progress bar of the video player remains stuck, but the audio plays.

If I select "ignore" for audio, then the same file gets encoded correctly, and the video plays properly. But of course, with no audio.

I've only experienced this when the input files are lossless x264. Another x264 file (a smalll scene from a bluray) encoded correctly. But all the lossless x264 files seem to have this issue. Note that hybrid itself shows no errors in output, and says the file was encoded successfully. Maybe it's an issue with merging?

I'm attaching the debug output and my custom encoding preset.

Hybrid version : 2020.07.17.1  (I had the same issue with the previous version as well.)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.

Messages In This Thread
No video when audio passthough is selected - by Toothache - 27.07.2020, 11:17