This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Audio/video out of sync in output
Quote:I can see the combing effect though which I've read is a good indicator of interlaced content.
You also see combing artifacts on telecined content.
To know what your content is (interlaced, telecined, some other pull-down, progressive, mix of those) you need to look at the fields, easy way to do this is to look at the source:
When there are no combing artifacts then the clip is progressive.
When there are only combing artifacts on some scenes you got mixed content. -> more analysis needed
When there are combing artifacts: -> more analysis needed
For analysis you bob deinterlace the content and look whether there are duplicates.
no duplicates: the content is normal interlaced
duplicates that follow a pattern: some pull-down, or frame duplication; if you are lucky just telecined or simple frame duplication. Smile (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecine)
duplicates that do not follow a patter: manual scripting is needed to properly handle this

Quote:Isn't the 10s sample enough for identifying?
I can tell you from the 10s that that sample is properly interlaced content.
(when bobbed each interpolated frame is different from it's predecessor)
So your source is probably NTSC interlaced, but you should look out for that if you convert NTSC->PAL.

Cu Selur

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio/video out of sync in output - by Selur - 01.08.2020, 12:33