This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Vapoursynth script not created
Hello!  Please can someone help?  I am experienced at video processing but new to Hybrid Smile
Thank you!

Summary of problem
Hybrid does not apply certain denoise or degrain filters.

Hybrid Version:  2020.12.13.1
Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro 10H2 (fresh install)

Step-by-step

1. Base tab
    a. Load MPEG-2 file into Hybrid
    b. Default container -> mkv
2. X264 tab
    a. CRF 18
    b. Preset “slower”
    c. Tune “film”
3. Filtering tab
    a. Vapoursynth -> DeNoise -> Enable KNLMeansCL
4. Base tab
    a. Set output file (e.g. E:\test.mkv)
    b. Add to queue

The job runs without applying the filter.  The encoding speed and output file size exactly match a file with no filter selected.

If I select a working filter (e.g. SMDegrain), I expect to see the first subjob is “01_create”, “generating vapoursynth file”.
For a non-working filter (e.g. KNLmeansCL), the first subjob is "01_video" and there are no subjobs relating to vapoursynth.

If I export the job queue, the .jobs file does not contain the vapoursynth script for the filters that are not working.  It does contain the scripts for working filters.

So far I have found:
  • SMDegrain (works)
  • KNLmeansCL (does not work)
  • TemporalDegrain (works)
  • MCTemporalDenoise (does not work)
  • QTGMC (does not work)
  • MCDegrainSharp (works)

Messages In This Thread
Vapoursynth script not created - by sklerp - 05.01.2021, 01:47
RE: Vapoursynth script not created - by Selur - 05.01.2021, 06:13