This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Possibility of using AMD Fluid Motion
Quote:And also if Fluid Motion can be added to Direct264 to encode or not.
Direct264 is a modified version of x264 which is similar to using Avisynth+DirectShowSource without Avisynth. Wink

Quote:I know that AMD Fluid Motion is a DirectShow Filter ...
Afaik, it's not a direct show filter, but a function of AMDs APUs which some DirectShowFilters like iirc https://bluesky-soft.com/en/BlueskyFRC.html use for frame rate conversions.

In theory (never tested by me) one could probably:
1. create a DirectShowFilter Graph using i.e. BlueskyFRC and GraphStudioNext or similar which decodes the source
2. use an AviSynthScript and DirectShowSource to open that filter graph
3. open that AviSynth script with ffmpeg/Hybrid/avs2x264/mencoder/... to convert the output of the script into something else.
(assuming AviSynths DirectShowSource supports NV12 nowadays)

-> don't see a feasible way to support AMD Fluid Motion in Hybrid atm.

Cu Selur

Ps.: You could ask rigaya if he could add support for it in VCEEnc or the author of BlueskyFRC if he could make a AviSynth- or Vapoursynth-filter which uses AMD Fluid Motion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possibility of using AMD Fluid Motion - by Selur - 06.04.2021, 20:55