This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] 2-Pass /Motion Vector Precision
Hi,

I am using the lastest Hybrid Version 2021 04.12.1.

What are the differences in none, 2pass-quarter and 2pass-full and in Motion Vector Precision, quarter pixel, half pixel and full pixel with NVENC? I really dont understand what it does.

[Image: TDb7v0.jpg]

I want to get the Best Quality out of NVENC, but i need to know what it exactly does, i already searched for it on google but i havent found any plausible explanation to it.

What can i do else to get better quality out of NVENC?

Im using VBR, main10, auto, high, encoder Preset "quality" and output bit-depth 10 bit

Set Lookahead to 32?
Use Weigthed P-Frames?

Im Using a Turing Card, RTX 2060

a Friend of Mine is using x265 CPU with 16-Bit Calculation Precision (older Version of Hybrid) with the same settings and only use about 500 kbit (Temporal degrained and resized to 960x720) and he have no Artifacts on some fast scenes that is using high bitrate peaks.

My one is not degrained and have some bigger size (resized to 1280x960 from 1440x1080), but i was expecting only to use about 1000kbit with ungrained, im now on 1600 kbit and still spotting some artifacts, its getterig better the higher i get, but its increasing my Filesize.

With the Turing Card i have, i thought i can go near a x265 CPU Bitrate, just testing out.

Greetings
Karthauzi

Messages In This Thread
2-Pass /Motion Vector Precision - by karthauzi - 18.04.2021, 05:53