This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[Not Hybrid related] MPEG-TS files with corrupt timestamps
Quote:How come Hybrid can't remux it this way?
Hybrid does extract the audio and video separately and not in one good.
Which isn't a problem if the source hasn't any defects, but can cause problem on damaged content.
(No Hybrid can't simply add this dehaviour, since it would require to rewrite tons of code.)

Quote:While remuxing, it seems like FFmpeg ignores the "-r" flag.
Probably since you only used it as input option.
Instead of:
ffmpeg -r 25 -i d:\sample.ts -c copy d:\thing.mp4
try:
ffmpeg -i d:\sample.ts -c copy -r 25 d:\thing.mp4
(adding "-fflags +genpts -r 25" before the '-i ' might also help)

Quote:Interesting, but Hybrid exports a 100 FPS file for me, in this case.

I guess I'll just export & deinterlace them using FFmpeg.
you could also use "Filtering->SpeedChange->Change speed" to tell Hybrid to change the fps flag on the output.

Quote:Update: thie file still doesn't have proper timestamps. I get this error in FFmpeg after trying to deinterlace the remuxed file.
cur_dts is invalid st:0 (0) [init:0 i_done:0 finish:0]

Command used:
ffmpeg -c:v h264_cuvid -deint 2 -i "d:\sample.mp4" -c:v libx264 -profile:v high -preset veryfast -crf 18 -x264opts "keyint=500" -c:a copy "d:\sample.mkv"

try with "-fflags +genpts -r 25" before the ' -i ':
ffmpeg -c:v h264_cuvid -deint 2 -fflags +genpts -r 25 -i "d:\sample.mp4" -c:v libx264 -profile:v high -preset veryfast -crf 18 -x264opts "keyint=500" -c:a copy "d:\sample.mkv"
this should tell ffmpeg to recalculate the input time stamps.

Cu Selur

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Not Hybrid related] MPEG-TS files with corrupt timestamps - by Selur - 30.08.2021, 17:35