This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Optical flow using Hybrid -- Possible?
Quote:With help from my friends, things are coming into focus. Since you "never really had time and motivation to really dive into the whole motion interpolation issue so much", I'm curious why you wrote this:
https://github.com/Selur/VapoursynthScri...erframe.py ?
Oh, that's simple, know the basics of Python and since someone asked whether it was possible to use the values they used in the official SVP software in Hybrid, I looked into the script and extended it a bit. No need to understand much about motion interpolation that's just understanding what the original code did and extending it a bit.

Quote:assume by "video format" you mean "transport stream" (whereas macroblocks are in the presentation stream, of course).
No I mean H.264, MPEG-2, AV1,...

Quote:My goal is a one-click Windows cmd script to convert all video to 120fps[120pps] (i.e. progressive).
Then you probably also should look into Zopti since I do not see how you would deternine good values for all source otherwise than to properly analyse the source and the effect of the filters.

Quote:I'm already over 400 lines. ... a lot more lines of script
probably add two zeros at least. Wink (Hybrid was ~250k lines of not generated code March this year, after some refactoring it's ~240k Wink)

Quote: I need 3 things: 1, an ffmpeg primative that returns "combing" on a frame-by-frame basis
That one would interesst me if you find something.
Last I checked there was no reliable way to detect combing. (aside from using ones own eyes)

Quote:2, an ffmpeg primative that returns "scene_change" on a frame-by-frame basis
If a scene change is just frame A change more than X percent to frame (A-1) that should be simple, see:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3567...h-timecode

Cu Selur

Messages In This Thread
RE: Optical flow using Hybrid -- Possible? - by Selur - 28.09.2021, 19:59