This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] perf. RTX 3060 ti slower than GTX 1070 - NVEnc
I did not touch the overclock of the card (Gigabyte eagle RTX 3060Ti LHR), it remained original.
Otherwise I may have forgotten a setting in Windows 10 ...
I know that since the launch of the RTX 20 .. nvidia has implemented a new encoder that allows you to play and stream at the same time without losing fps in games, I think it works differently from previous generations (GTX), the solution is to be sought on that side in my opinion.

Dan64, I am using NVEnc version 5.42.
I obviously know that if I lower the parameters it will encode faster, but that's not what I'm looking for, as long as I stay on my GTX so ...
I want to compress my videos as much as possible without compromising on quality, in UHD with my parameters and at around 18,000 kbit / s that's perfect, below the artifacts / pixel start to appear.

What is not normal is that the GTX goes faster than the RTX with exactly the SAME settings!

I actually tested by lowering the parameters and it goes faster! ... but the "video encoder" still works at 100%, the GTX does not have this problem.
I can even perform 2 or 3 encoding at the same time with the GTX, which will be impossible with the RTX

Dan64, is your RTX 3060 at 100% (Video Encoder) while encoding ?
if "yes", the solution to my problem will increase the performance of your encodings normally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: perf. RTX 3060 ti slower than GTX 1070 - NVEnc - by mimile - 08.01.2022, 00:21