This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Request: priority vsViewer.exe
Argh, using vsViewer with something using the gpu while encoding can cause tons of issues.
If you run multiple encodes in a queue, encoding might simply fail, since the vram is already occupied by vsViewer.

Quote:Given the typical use of vsViewer.exe I don't see any danger of slow down if it is launched always with NORMAL priority.
We have different views on what a typical use of vsViewer is. For me often vsViewer can take tons of resources. For me rendering the Vapoursynth script, even without ai based filters, can get really slow.

I'll think about adding an option to not run vsViewer in 'idle', but for me the time to build the tensor RT file isn't that important, since it is often less than rendering a few frames in the script. I will not change the default behavior of Hybrid to lower the priority of vsViewer to idle.

Cu Selur

Messages In This Thread
Request: priority vsViewer.exe - by Dan64 - 17.01.2023, 21:03
RE: Request: priority vsViewer.exe - by Selur - 17.01.2023, 21:13
RE: Request: priority vsViewer.exe - by Dan64 - 17.01.2023, 21:51
RE: Request: priority vsViewer.exe - by Selur - 17.01.2023, 22:06
RE: Request: priority vsViewer.exe - by Dan64 - 07.03.2023, 19:33
RE: Request: priority vsViewer.exe - by Selur - 07.03.2023, 19:44
RE: Request: priority vsViewer.exe - by Dan64 - 09.03.2023, 19:28
RE: Request: priority vsViewer.exe - by Selur - 09.03.2023, 19:32
RE: Request: priority vsViewer.exe - by Selur - 09.03.2023, 20:07
RE: Request: priority vsViewer.exe - by Dan64 - 09.03.2023, 20:22