This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] M1 macbook pro 16gb slower than my i5 9600k rtc 2060
Hi hoping for some help here, I'm trying to render a mkv or pro res file, after getting a macbook pro m1 I thought I will finally have a decent laptop that should be more powerful than my ageing desktop pc,  intel i5 9600k with rtx 2060 12gb gpu.

I've spent almost double of what I paid for my pc so was hoping everything will be flying. 

Now the issue is when rendering files to pro res or h265 the rendering on my mac is over 2x slower than my pc?
I get about 22fps on my pc and about 15 fps at start than slows down to 11fps and stable. 

Am I missing something on the m1? as I know the pc has a dedicated gpu, but I thought the m1 would be faster or similar in performance,  is the m1 version fully optimised?

I have a feeling it is because I also use another program davinci resolve studio and the same thing happens,  less fps on the mac.

Starting to feel I should have got another desktop over laptop, since I do heavy rendering.

Messages In This Thread
M1 macbook pro 16gb slower than my i5 9600k rtc 2060 - by dmwmjj - 25.02.2023, 05:44