This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Downscaling/Resizing to ProRes 444: The Journey Begins
Brick 
[attachment=672]
Hey,
I'm trying to downres 4k footage to 1080 ProRes 444. If you could point me to another way to do this easily without Hybrid, or that stupid Sony program that requires me to register an account with Sony Creative Cloud or whatever it's called, that would be very much appreciated, but so far this is the only option I've found. (besides Thomas Worth from rarevision's app, for which the mediafire link is broken unfortunately) 

The source file, and therefore the path to the source, is on an SD card, if that makes a difference. (I have no room for the 4k files on my laptop).

I'm not so concerned about whether or not the final product is truly 4:4:4, but Hybrid crashes immediately after starting the queue so I am roadblocked before I have even started.

I was hoping to simply downscale the 8 bit 4:2:0 internal footage from my Panasonic camera to a more flexible format for color grading. (BlackMagic cameras are amazing but they don't have IBIS like mine, and the GH5 is just plain expensive) This was the feature that I got Hybrid for in the first place (I have no idea what "ffmpeg" is or how it works standalone and I have little time for learning such things) and yet I can't figure why it immediately aborts the process whenever I start the queue. Keeps saying "Aborted" "ERROR" and "(my_output_path_here) was not created!" I imagine that there's something very basic that I'm missing, but there's not exactly a startup guide, at least not that I could find (although the help-tips that appear when one hovers the mouse over various buttons are very pleasing indeed)
I would like to state that I have very much appreciation for independent developers of tools such as this one, and respect as well, but it is frustrating for me that the only method I've found for a non tech-savvy person to downscale 4:2:0 footage into 4:4:4 (or 4:4:2) that isn't a dead-end is this tool, and it doesn't even begin to process the file.
If anyone has the time, help would be appreciated.
Debug output is attached.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Apprentice

Messages In This Thread
Downscaling/Resizing to ProRes 444: The Journey Begins - by Apprentice - 26.03.2019, 23:25