This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] how to encode sup and ass subtitles into videos using Hybrid?
there are some mkv files, that only have the internal sup subtitles in them, i want to encode videos with the sup into it, make the sup subtitles become the part of the picture, how to do that in Hybrid?

used ShanaEncoder v5.1 x64 can do it, but ShanaEncoder can't use full 100% dual core CPU, and i think Hybrid is much powerful than ShanaEncoder, using more core than ShanaEncoder, more faster, so how to encode sup and ass subtitles into videos using Hybrid? thanks.
  • Extract the subtitle on the Base-tab (Base->Processing->Subtitle->Extract Subtile if they are not inside a separate file.
  • Enabled the Subtitle-tab if the source didn't have subtitles in it. (Base->Subtitle)
  • Import the subtitle (Subtitle->Import->Subtitle Import->Subtitle file)
  • Enable 'Subtitle->Import->Subtitle Import->Embed subtitle in frame'
  • Add the the current subtitle with the setting on how to process them to the Subtitle-Queue (Subtitle->Subtitle Queue->add current subtitle ...)

Cu sel
(19.02.2021, 18:54)Selur Wrote:
  • Extract the subtitle on the Base-tab (Base->Processing->Subtitle->Extract Subtile if they are not inside a separate file.
  • Enabled the Subtitle-tab if the source didn't have subtitles in it. (Base->Subtitle)
  • Import the subtitle (Subtitle->Import->Subtitle Import->Subtitle file)
  • Enable 'Subtitle->Import->Subtitle Import->Embed subtitle in frame'
  • Add the the current subtitle with the setting on how to process them to the Subtitle-Queue (Subtitle->Subtitle Queue->add current subtitle ...)

Cu sel

thank you! works well!

and another question, in order to control the file size, i want the encoded file as the same as the original file, i using the average bitrate 1pass mode the same x264 in Hybrid.

and the info of the original file is:
[Image: jp7NYtfd1U4QR9E.jpg]

there are two bitrate values, and i set 30000K bitrate in Hybrid, x264
[Image: BpCwlDKRPAUQ592.jpg]

but the encoded file info is:
[Image: 8tquncOKBQHxNsg.jpg]

the encoded file(8.95GB) is smaller than the original file(9.39GB), the bit rate and Overall bitrate is both lower compare to the original file.

so how to encode to control file size strictly?
in order to get the same file size, the original file is 9.39GB, and i want the encoded file is 9.39GB too, the only difference is the encoded file has the subtitle in the picture. thanks
Quote:so how to encode to control file size strictly?
That's what 2pass encoding is for.
(19.02.2021, 22:12)Selur Wrote:
Quote:so how to encode to control file size strictly?
That's what 2pass encoding is for.

setting like this?
[Image: A8et6iFTJE24y5k.jpg]

or this?
[Image: SKYJQ6b5IgOdreN.jpg]
1st one is if you aim for an average bit-rate
2nd one is if you aim for the file size
personally I would go for the files size.
(19.02.2021, 22:26)Selur Wrote: 1st one is if you aim for an average bit-rate
2nd one is if you aim for the file size
personally I would go for the files size.

OK good

if i want the filesize best quality, "Fast 1st pass"  to check or not?

Is it accurate that the value i set? According to the original file info, it shows filesize is 9.39GB, so i set 9390.0 into Hybrid Target size, is that right?

[Image: jp7NYtfd1U4QR9E.jpg]

but when i set like this, the encoded file is 9.17GB, not the value i set 9390MB
[Image: FN3MfeJ2InWBy5O.jpg]

Quote:if i want the filesize best quality, "Fast 1st pass" to check or not?
no, disable "Fast 1st pass" then.

Quote:Is it accurate that the value i set? According to the original file info, it shows filesize is 9.39GB, so i set 9390.0 into Hybrid Target size, is that right?
GiB usually stands for Gibibyte = 1024^3 byte, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte so, I would say: No.
9.39GB *1014 ~= 9615 MB (depending on how correct the file size size is indicated, better check the file size in your normal file manager)

Cu Selur
(19.02.2021, 22:51)Selur Wrote:
Quote:if i want the filesize best quality, "Fast 1st pass"  to check or not?
no, disable "Fast 1st pass"  then.

Quote:Is it accurate that the value i set? According to the original file info, it shows filesize is 9.39GB, so i set 9390.0 into Hybrid Target size, is that right?
GiB usually stands for Gibibyte = 1024^3 byte, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte so, I would say: No.
9.39GB *1014 ~= 9615 MB (depending on how correct the file size size is indicated, better check the file size in your normal file manager)

Cu Selur

thank you

another more question, if i don't want people know that encoded by my secret weapon Hybrid, how to edit or delete these informations?
[Image: R5xfYCnNvSIdQAP.jpg]

if the encoded file is MKV, i can get rid of by using mkvtoolnix, but if the encoded file is MP4, how to edit? thanks
No clue, never looked into it.
There might be a way using MP4Box or ffmpeg or some mp4 tag editors.

Cu Selur