This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DNxHR to x265 Can't create temp file.
Hi All,

I am exporting out of Premiere as DNxHR and trying to transcode to x265 with Hybrid 2018.04.08.1 on Windows 10.

Every time it crashes/aborts because the .265 temp file doesn't get created (even when changing temp path). I haven't had the same issue with any other file types but really would like to use this workflow if possible. I can generate and post log file if need be but I thought I would do a quick ask and see if anyone else has a simple solution?

Thanks!
At least I can't help with details and a debug output would help. The normal log doesn't help at all.
(16.04.2018, 18:38)Selur Wrote: At least I can't help with details and a debug output would help. The normal log doesn't help at all.
Here ya go. Does it when trying to transcode x264 to x265 as well, which is what this debug log shows.
Quote:I am exporting out of Premiere as DNxHR and trying to transcode to x265 with Hybrid 2018.04.08.1 on Windows 10.
Looking at the debug output the encoding call looks like this:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -loglevel fatal -threads 8 -i "F:\Semicolon\Renders\x264pro vr test.mp4" -map 0:0 -an -sn  -vsync 0 -pix_fmt yuv422p  -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\x265.exe" --input - --y4m --qg-size 8 --limit-modes --no-open-gop --radl 2 --lookahead-slices 0 --crf 18.00 --cbqpoffs -2 --crqpoffs -2 --psy-rd 2.50 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 10.00 --aq-mode 0 --deblock=-1:-1 --limit-sao --range limited --colormatrix bt709 --output "F:\Semicolon\Renders\15_10_16_2610_01.265"
the input is an mp4 container, which should not support DNxHR -> confused
What happens if you call the encoding call inside a Windows Command Prompt?

Cu Selur