This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Deinterlace DVD video using motion detection
I don't have too much knowledge of this, but I have these DVDs that have interlacing. It's not a problem though when I watch the DVDs with my DVD player and TV screen. On my computer however, the interlacing makes it hard to watch and it also makes it quite annoying for projects.

From some research, I understood the best method to deinterlace videos would be by motion detection. It would be a method that doesn't combine frames or something but instead somehow defines how the frame between two frames should look like. (It sounds similar to me to methods to increase the frames per second of a video, but it might be very different from that.) It would be a slow method though.

Is this possible to do through Hybrid and if yes, how do I do this?
You probably mean 'motion interpolation' which is what any newer bobber does. Smile (a bobber interpolation each single field to a full frame an keeps all motion data from the original, but thus double the number or frames)
(side node: if your DVDs are NTSC and not PAL you probably don't need to deinterlace but to IVTC).

If you need to deinterlace offers quite a few deinterlacers.
Especially QTGMC is known to produce excellent results.

Cu Selur
(09.11.2018, 20:16)Selur Wrote: You probably mean 'motion interpolation' which is what any newer bobber does. Smile (a bobber interpolation each single field to a full frame an keeps all motion data from the original, but thus double the number or frames)
(side node: if your DVDs are NTSC and not PAL you probably don't need to deinterlace but to IVTC).

If you need to deinterlace offers quite a few deinterlacers.
Especially QTGMC is known to produce excellent results.

Cu Selur

Some of the DVDs are PAL 25 fps.

Some are American and 29.970030 fps (according to VLC)

They both have this issue. I'm not sure how to deal with it. What's the best way to deinterlace the DVDs (or rip the videos deinterlaced)?
If you content is interlaced use QTGMC if it's telecined use TIVTC.
(17.11.2018, 21:18)Selur Wrote: If you content is interlaced use QTGMC if it's telecined use TIVTC.

I'm currently trying to rip some DVD videos and deinterlace them, but Hybrid is crashing.

This is what I did.

Base > Processing
Video: x264 <= default
Audio: passthrough all
Default container: mp4 <= default

Filtering > (De-)Interlace/Telecine > Deinterlace/Telecine Settings
Check Force Deinterlacer: "QTGMC (Vapoursynth)"
(Auto is unchecked)

Under the QTGMC Vapoursynth subtab, I see options for presets and the word "Bob". I didn't touch these settings.

When I added the two videos from the DVD to the Jobs queue, the video conversion crashed at one point.

I have no idea what went wrong. Undecided
I suspect it might be a bug I fixed a few days ago, but without a debug output I can't tell.
(19.11.2018, 20:56)Selur Wrote: I suspect it might be a bug I fixed a few days ago, but without a debug output I can't tell.

I actually just updated Hybrid today. How can I provide you the debug output?

EDIT: I found the "Log" tab with some information, but I don't know if that's enough, as it doesn't say that much.
Quote:How can I provide you the debug output?
read the sticky,...
(19.11.2018, 21:55)Selur Wrote:
Quote:How can I provide you the debug output?
read the sticky,...

I just sent you a DM with the debug output. Smile
DM? You send me a PM with a link to a non-existing attachment,...
You could also email (hybrid AT selur DE) the DebugOutput to me, just make sure to:
a. zip it
b. refer to the thread it's about in the email

Cu Selur