This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Can't frame interpolate 4K footage to 60FPS
For some reason whenever I want to frame interpolate any 4K footage (just simple .mp4 encoded with Media Encoder), it would just stay at 0% unlike 1440p or lower that would automatically start with no errors.

I've tried with both Avisynth and Vapoursynth to no avail:
[Image: O1tKVQG.jpg]
[Image: 3hXTHo0.jpg]

Also use AVC level 5.2 and nothing extra in the settings, just plain frame interpolation. Using version 2019.08.26.1 too.
Hmm,... works fine here.
Avisynth will probably crash with the default setting since it's only 32bit and runs out of RAM.

Video RAM usage is around 1700MB (not using gpu for decoding) so unless you only have Video 2GB of RAM you should be fine.
x264 eats around 3.1GB (changed to crf and set level to 5.2 rest was default) for RAM and Vapoursynth requires ~4.8 GB of RAM here.
-> How much system RAM do you have?

You can lower the RAM usage of Vapoursynth be enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Misc->Limit Cache (MB)' on my system limiting it to 1500MB causes Vapoursynth to only use ~2.4GB. (Limiting the thread count in Vapoursynth an x264 will also lower the RAM usage.)

Cu Selur
(02.09.2019, 16:30)Selur Wrote: Hmm,... works fine here.
Avisynth will probably crash with the default setting since it's only 32bit and runs out of RAM.

Video RAM usage is around 1700MB (not using gpu for decoding) so unless you only have Video 2GB of RAM you should be fine.
x264 eats around 3.1GB (changed to crf and set level to 5.2 rest was default) for RAM and Vapoursynth requires ~4.8 GB of RAM here.
-> How much system RAM do you have?

You can lower the RAM usage of Vapoursynth be enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Misc->Limit Cache (MB)' on my system limiting it to 1500MB causes Vapoursynth to only use ~2.4GB. (Limiting the thread count in Vapoursynth an x264 will also lower the RAM usage.)

Cu Selur
Thanks just gonna drop the system specs here because it shouldn't have a problem with any of the minimum specifications you listed:

Ryzen 7 1800x @Stock
16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) 3000MHz
XFX RX 480 8GB
Given your specs and my measurements I see no reason why Vapoursynth shouldn't work.
Does the Vapoursynth Preview work without a problem?
(02.09.2019, 18:31)Selur Wrote: Given your specs and my measurements I see no reason why Vapoursynth shouldn't work.
Does the Vapoursynth Preview work without a problem?
Wow, I guess you just found the solution somehow, because now both Vapoursynth's and Avisynth's frame interpolation is now working and fully rendered with no issues once I clicked on the preview before rendering (also I had no issues scrubbing in the preview), but yeah I guess case closed.
Might be some driver <> svp problem with the initialization if you need to trigger a preview beforehand, but happy that helped (normally checking the interpolation regarding the chosen setting is a good idea).

Cu Selur
Hi if you don't mind may I know your settings by screenshot? Because I'm trying to convert videos to 60FPS and I don't have problem with video short length below 10min but 25min I get errors.