This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

using image sequence crashes
So I tried using Hybrid's image sequence, I picked a single image, put the fps down to 1, picked x264, no audio, and an mp4 container. I then tried to create a job for it and start it, but it crashes with exit code 0?
Anyone know what the problem is?
Creating job for current source
-> Creating jobs for source: (1)
-> Generating calls for: C:\Users\deama\Desktop\sdf.mp4
  adding x264 calls for source: 1
  createJobs for C:\Users\deama\Desktop\sdf.mp4
   creating attachment extraction subjobs
   creating video subjobs
   creating muxing subjobs
   optimizing the subJobs
-> finished creating subjobs for current source
  added new job with id 14_42_33_9610
-> should be there after processing: C:\Users\deama\AppData\Local\Temp\sdf_14_42_33_9610_02.stats
starting 14_42_33_9610_02_video@14:42:37.722 - C:\Users\deama\Desktop\sdf.mp4
finished after 00:00:00.013 with exitCode -1
Crashed with exit status 0
-> 14_42_33_9610_02_video crashed: Crashed with exit status 0
Can't help without details.
The log you posted is from the normal log which starts with:
Quote:This log is only intended for user information. It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!
-> provide proper information and details and I might be able to help
(read the sticky)

Cu Selur
(30.10.2019, 18:29)Selur Wrote: Can't help without details.
The log you posted is from the normal log which starts with:
Quote:This log is only intended for user information. It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!
-> provide proper information and details and I might be able to help
(read the sticky)

Cu Selur
I looked at the debug output.
The encoding call:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\VAPOUR~1\vspipe.exe" "C:\Users\deama\AppData\Local\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_16_38_44_0310.vpy" - --y4m | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\x264.exe" --preset superfast --pass 1 --bitrate 1500 --profile high --level 4.1 --direct auto --b-adapt 0 --qcomp 0.5 --rc-lookahead 40 --aq-mode 0 --sar 1:1 --non-deterministic --range pc --stats "C:\Users\deama\AppData\Local\Temp\sdsd_16_38_44_0310_02.stats" --demuxer y4m --input-csp yuvj420p --fps 1/1 --output-depth 8 --output NUL -

crashed with:
Quote: y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
which usually happens if there is a problem with the Vapoursynth script.

Looking at the Vapoursynth script:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/Imagemagick/libimwri.dll")
# Loading C:\Users\deama\Desktop\files\gutsuru.png using vsImageReader
clip = core.imwri.Read(["C:/Users/deama/Desktop/files/gutsuru.png"])
clip = core.std.Loop(clip=clip, times=100)
# Input color space is assumed to be RGB24.
# making sure frame rate is set to 1/1
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=1, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to PC (full) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=0)
# adjusting output color from: RGB24 to YUV420P8 for x264Model (i420)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8, matrix_s="709", range_s="full")
# Output
clip.set_output()
The script itself looks fine.

I tried the script (adjusted the paths to use a png and the filters on my machine):
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/Imagemagick/libimwri.dll") # adjusted the filter path to my machine
# Loading E:\sequence\ED-360-png\00001.png using vsImageReader
clip = core.imwri.Read(["E:/sequence/ED-360-png/00001.png"]) # adjusted to load my file
clip = core.std.Loop(clip=clip, times=100)
# Input color space is assumed to be RGB24.
# making sure frame rate is set to 1/1
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=1, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to PC (full) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=0)
# adjusting output color from: RGB24 to YUV420P8 for x264Model (i420)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8, matrix_s="709", range_s="full")
# Output
clip.set_output()
and everything worked fine.

-> Does the Vapoursynth Preview work properly?
I'll create a new dev version in a few minutes and send you a link (in ~ 1/2 hour, via PM) to make sure we use the same version of all tools.
-> send the link

Cu Selur
(30.10.2019, 19:26)Selur Wrote: I'll create a new dev version in a few minutes and send you a link (in ~ 1/2 hour, via PM) to make sure we use the same version of all tools.
-> send the link

Cu Selur
Nah it still crashes. It might be due to the vapoursynth thing, I never managed to get it to work on my computer back when I wanted to run some scripts months ago, is there an avisynth alternative or something?
Quote:It might be due to the vapoursynth thing, I never managed to get it to work on my computer back when I wanted to run some scripts months ago,
That is why I asked:
Quote:Does the Vapoursynth Preview work properly?
The Vapoursynth Preview should show additional error messages, in case something doesn't work.

Also Hybrid does come with it's own portable Vapoursynth version, so unless you still got a broken install on your system there should be no problem.
-> make sure to uninstall any old/broken Vapoursynth stuff from your system.

Quote:is there an avisynth alternative or something?
Sure you can use Avisynth instead of Vapoursynth. (change "Filtering->Support" to 'Avisynth')
Just using FFmpeg and not using Avisynth or Vapoursynth (change "Filtering->Support" to ' No XSynth') should also work. (Progress indication will probably be wrong, but it should work.

Cu Selur
(31.10.2019, 08:38)Selur Wrote:
Quote:It might be due to the vapoursynth thing, I never managed to get it to work on my computer back when I wanted to run some scripts months ago,
That is why I asked:
Quote:Does the Vapoursynth Preview work properly?
The Vapoursynth Preview should show additional error messages, in case something doesn't work.

Also Hybrid does come with it's own portable Vapoursynth version, so unless you still got a broken install on your system there should be no problem.
-> make sure to uninstall any old/broken Vapoursynth stuff from your system.

Quote:is there an avisynth alternative or something?
Sure you can use Avisynth instead of Vapoursynth. (change "Filtering->Support" to 'Avisynth')
Just using FFmpeg and not using Avisynth or Vapoursynth (change "Filtering->Support" to ' No XSynth') should also work. (Progress indication will probably be wrong, but it should work.

Cu Selur

Ah nice, it works now after changing support to avisynth, cheers.
The vapoursynth for hybrid didn't work either, even after a clean install of everything vapoursynth related, I have no idea why.
Good, but still I would recommend to look into the Vapoursynth issue on your system.

Cu Selur
(31.10.2019, 10:45)Selur Wrote: Good, but still I would recommend to look into the Vapoursynth issue on your system.

Cu Selur
I've already tried to months ago, I'd probably have to reinstall my system to fix it now.