This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

NVENC / VCENC
I got a NB with AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 (integrated graphics) and NVIDIA 1650 , and I wondered the encoding preformance of them, so I downloaded the latest version of hybrid and install it. After install and start running, I couldn't find the NVENC encoder option in the UI? And couldn''t finish any encode with VCENC, always crashed in the middle.

In the meantime I run handbrake, I can find NVENC/VCENC option and sucessfully encode a file with both of it.

Was there anything I need to know about?
1. update your drivers
2. run "NVEncC/VCEncC --check-features" to check that the tools support your drivers
3. create a debug output level 9 of the job processing for crashes

Cu Selur
(09.12.2019, 17:28)Selur Wrote: 1. update your drivers
2. run "NVEncC/VCEncC --check-features" to check that the tools support your drivers
3. create a debug output level 9 of the job processing for crashes

Cu Selur

Whats the equivalent of step 2 on windows? I have the same problem
Quote:Whats the equivalent of step 2 on windows?
Huh Those two tools are Windows only,.... so that is already what you do on a Windows machine. Smile
Open a Windows Command Prompt and call something like:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\NVEncC.exe" --check-features
(with adjusted path and tool name)

for NVEncC:
-------------------
Starting with NVEncC 4.51:
Quote:Update to NVENC SDK 9.1, now NVIDIA graphics driver 436.15 or later is required.
see: https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/releases/tag/4.51

If your card is too old to have 436.15 or later drivers your only ways out are:
a. switch to a newer card
b. download an older version of NVEncC (download NVEncC_XXX_x64.7z) extract it in the 64bit folder of Hybrid and rename the NVEncC64.exe to NVEncC.exe .
c. don't use NVEnc

Cu Selur
Hey, I will keep it in same thread.

I cant make Nvenc work, simply cause I dont have option to pick anything related to it in coding window. There is bunch of options for x265, divx265, HEVC and so on, but nothing that would look like nvenc?  Is it hidden under something?

Apart that, I tried to simply upgrade to last nvenc from official repository (download, copy paste into hybrid x64 section). Changed nothing. Also nvenc doesnt have path under tools, in fact there simply isnt any nvenc column.

I know that Nvenc works for me fine, cause Im using StaxRip for that. Latest version.
I do not care about StaxRip. Smile

a. If you change out tools make sure to reset the tool cache. Hybrid does not check all tools on each start.
b. If Hybrid doesn't detect your card as NVEnc compatible this will be reported in the log and NVEnc will not be made available.
c. If you don't rename the NVEncC64.exe to NVEncC.exe Hybrid will ignore it.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Its not advised to install StaxRip and Hybrid on the same system since StaxRip installs Vapoursynth and Avisynth system wide while Hybrid uses portable versions and sometimes portable and system wide installations can interfere with another. (this has nothing to do with the NVEnc problem)
(17.12.2019, 19:40)Selur Wrote: I do not care about StaxRip. Smile

a. If you change out tools make sure to reset the tool cache. Hybrid does not check all tools on each start.
b. If Hybrid doesn't detect your card as NVEnc compatible this will be reported in the log and NVEnc will not be made available.
c. If you don't rename the NVEncC64.exe to NVEncC.exe Hybrid will ignore it.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Its not advised to install StaxRip and Hybrid on the same system since StaxRip installs Vapoursynth and Avisynth system wide while Hybrid uses portable versions and sometimes portable and system wide installations can interfere with another. (this has nothing to do with the NVEnc problem)

Mentioned it cause it also uses same nvenc as Hybrid. Meaning if it works for that, it just should work. Anyway Im using Titan xP which can use nvenc, minus B frames, since thats feature from next gen (most of RTX has it and GTX 1660 I think).

That said. Ive reset tools, did cache reset.

Ive manage to check if it works and voila it says my card doesnt support CUDA. Big Grin Which is BS, so how do I fix that?
Does Hybrid report your card as not CUDA compatible on startup? (if it does I need to know the exact name reported there)
Do you use v436.15 or newer of the drivers from NVIDIA?

Cu Selur
(05.01.2020, 19:08)Selur Wrote: Does Hybrid report your card as not CUDA compatible on startup? (if it does I need to know the exact name reported there)
Do you use v436.15 or newer of the drivers from NVIDIA?

Cu Selur

Uh, where it says if its or isnt compatible?

Log on Base reports nothing, just usual stuff like time to start up, that my default output is empty and thats it.

I need to go to Config>Tools>Tool Versions and then click Ok and under General infos is CUDA:false.

Can make you a screenshot of whatever you need. Just say what and where. Smile

Driver ver is 441.12, Im usually going with one or two version from current, till bugs are known and such. Never had issues with CUDA/nvenc with any drivers I used tho.
Normal log would include an info if the card would be considered incompartible.
CUDA under tool versions reveres to something else.
Drivers should be okay, current requirements of NVEncC should be NVENC SDK 9.1 and NVIDIA graphics driver 436.15+.

Do you use any and virus/firewall suite aside the one from Microsoft in cause you do try disabling it.
Another user reported an issue while using a solution from Comodo.

Also check the output of 'NVEncC --check-features'.

Cu Selur