This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
This guide says that Vapoursynth is not pre-installed with Hybrid so you can not use QTGMC with it? I have Hybrid version 2020.10.11 installed, does that version also not have Vapoursynth pre-installed? Just wondering because I looked inside the Hybrid folder and there is a Vapoursynth folder in there that's 128MB.
Quote:This guide says that Vapoursynth is not pre-installed with Hybrid so you can not use QTGMC with it? I have Hybrid version 2020.10.11 installed, does that version also not have Vapoursynth pre-installed? Just wondering because I looked inside the Hybrid folder and there is a Vapoursynth folder in there that's 128MB.
This guide is about Mac OS, the Vapoursynth folder with a portable Vapoursynth only exists on Windows.
(11.11.2020, 16:51)Selur Wrote:
Quote:This guide says that Vapoursynth is not pre-installed with Hybrid so you can not use QTGMC with it? I have Hybrid version 2020.10.11 installed, does that version also not have Vapoursynth pre-installed? Just wondering because I looked inside the Hybrid folder and there is a Vapoursynth folder in there that's 128MB.
This guide is about Mac OS, the Vapoursynth folder with a portable Vapoursynth only exists on Windows.

Oh right thanks, I am using the Windows version and didn't know there was that difference between the MAC version and Windows version, that's pretty neat, thank you.
Yep, probably i should add that macOS vs Windows explanation to FAQ
I'm likely going to be moving to an Apple Silicon Mac soon and while I'm going to keep a beefy Intel Mac around, I'm just wondering if anyone's tested Hybrid on an M1 yet?
I only have Mac OS in a VM, so: No
btw. anyone using BigSur? latest mac build uses the platform SDK 11.0 from Apple which should work with Big Sur, but I wanted to wait with upgrading to Big Sur until a few users report that the current build works on it. (atm. I'm using 10.15.7)

Cu Selur
(13.12.2020, 14:34)Selur Wrote: btw. anyone using BigSur? latest mac build uses the platform SDK 11.0 from Apple which should work with Big Sur, but I wanted to wait with upgrading to Big Sur until a few users report that the current build works on it. (atm. I'm using 10.15.7)

Cu Selur

I'm using Big Sur on my Intel MacBook Pro and I haven't noticed any issues. I'm running Catalina on my iMac to be safe, but so far so good. Been playing around with it for a few months.

Edit: The version I'm using is the one in the opening post: VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid [2020.10.10] DMG package
Quote:Edit: The version I'm using is the one in the opening post: VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid [2020.10.10] DMG package
Okay, that version was build against the 10.15 SDK, so there are probably no huge issues with me switchting to BigSur, aside from Hybrid not running on 10.4.

Cu Selur
(13.12.2020, 15:45)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Edit: The version I'm using is the one in the opening post: VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid [2020.10.10] DMG package
Okay, that version was build against the 10.15 SDK, so there are probably no huge issues with me switchting to BigSur, aside from Hybrid not running on 10.4.

Cu Selur

Well, I have good news. I just moved over to a Apple Silicon Macbook Air, tried out VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid [2020.10.10] DMG package, and it seems to work in Rosetta. Obviously, there's a lot more testing that should be done, but my initial tests work! 

Speed wise, it seems about as fast as I'd expect from an Intel Mac, but I haven't done really long videos with it yet. I'm sure there's a performance hit happening.