This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Hardsub conversion slows down video
Hello.

I want to ask, what I should do to properly set conversion options to hardsub my video in avi file. I mean I know what to do and it works, but after conversion my video have subs, but it play little bit slower, as if it lost some fps. When I don't add any subs to conversion, everything is great and video is playing smoothly. 

I tried:
  • change fps video options, 
  • speed options, 
  • fps subs, 
  • convert subs into another format ass <-> srt, 
  • convert various video files with subs
All don't help. I using the latest version of hybrid and it's set in default options.

Pls give me some advice. 
Sorry for my english, hope it isn't that bad.
Greetings
If your source if vfr and your output is mp4 Hybrid sometimes ignores the time codes. (this is a bug I fixed here locally, but is still present in the current public release.)
-> without knowing anything about what you are doing and the characteristics I have no idea if this is your problem or not.

Cu Selur
I have mkv movie file and I want convert it on hardsub avi file. Here are charateristic of original file:

[Image: 9dd28fa2d71555c6e716b0c1b0d9d786.jpg]

Problem is I think with this what I marked on screenshots. When I add to conversion options subs, something going wrong with framerate and I don't know how to prevent or change it. When I do conversion I only changed bitrate, resize, choosing 2-pass process, add audio track and ofcourse subtitle file. Everything other stay default. Here is output file from Hybrid:

[Image: 2f509a107bfcf3f1dfdef79ecb2ede43.jpg]

For example I convert this file in other programe. It doesn't happen and video works fine with not lower framerate or... whatever it is. Here is info from file:

[Image: e5288d9166020ef69032c8c2c1983ba3.jpg]

After conversion in Hybrid avi file with hardsub have spikes and not run smoothly like original file. However when I don't add subtitle to conversion, output file works great. I hope now I show everything what u need.
Greetings
Are you using the latest public version of Hybrid (rev 2019.05.05.1), since the 24000/1001 vs 2397/1000 was a think that should have been fixed with the last release,...
'mencoder: use fractions when specifiying ofps'

Since the difference between 23.976 and 24000/1001 is really minuscular it shouldn't have any visible effect unless your source is multiple hours long,...

Cu Selur
It have visible effects. If u want I can send u this files. It's 1h 20 min long and like I wrote in other programe this problem doesn't exist. So... I don't know. Any advice?
a. answer my question:
Quote:Are you using the latest public version of Hybrid (rev 2019.05.05.1),
b. read the sticky and provide enough info so I can reproduce the issue

Cu Selur
(15.05.2019, 20:30)Selur Wrote: a. answer my question:
Quote:Are you using the latest public version of Hybrid (rev 2019.05.05.1),
b. read the sticky and provide enough info so I can reproduce the issue

Cu Selur

Ofcourse. I wrote it earlier.
You wrote you used the 'latest' version but didn't write the version.
Still waiting for more details. (read the sticky)

Cu Selur
Yes. Latest means for me latest.
When I run programe in top left corner it says "Hybrid 2019 05.05.1".
Since I can't reproduce the issue here so far there is sadly nothing I can do without proper details.

Cu Selur