This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Linux Vapoursynth problems
Quote:Some UI elements (typically the bold headers on almost all tabs) look displaced on a 4k screen. Is this known/relevant/important enough
Have you tried using another theme?

Quote:renice: failed to set priority for 9057 (process ID): Permission denied
This happens in case the Hybrid used is not allowed to adjust the priority of the current thread.
I doubt it is related to the problem, but I'll compile a dev linux version for you to test, just to be sure.
no clue what's causing the:
malloc_consolidate(): invalid chunk size
Aborted (core dumped)

Cu Selur
Thanks for the new version. Unfortunately the problem remains.

As for the UI:
It looks like it's dependent on the DE used, not the theme. The UI looks good in KDE, but then KDE uses quite a special scaling mechanism.
I know 4k is a difficult topic, especially in Linux with its many DEs...

Best regards,
Kybos
Some distros also use modified Qt libraries which also sometimes causes strange problems. :/

Side note:
Since you wrote that you use Linux Mint, I'm surprised that you use KDE, since iirc Mint dropped the KDE support last year,... so it might be a problem with the combination of Mint&KDE,..
(14.06.2019, 19:40)Selur Wrote: Some distros also use modified Qt libraries which also sometimes causes strange problems. :/

Side note:
Since you wrote that you use Linux Mint, I'm surprised that you use KDE, since iirc Mint dropped the KDE support last year,... so it might be a problem with the combination of Mint&KDE,..

I use Mint/Cinnamon as my main system, but I have a test VM with Manjaro/KDE...
I'll setup a Mint VM tomorrow and try to reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur
Good news. Smile
I managed to reproduce the issue.
What I did:
  • Installed 64bit Mint Cinanammon 19.1 in a VM
  • Added the repository of djpj: (used this since Mint 19.1 is based on Ubuntu 18.04)
    • sudo add-apt-repository ppa:djcj/hybrid
  • Updated the system
    • sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get -y autoremove && sudo apt-get -y autoclean && sudo reboot
      Problem here was that this aported. Then trying
      Quote:sudo apt-get --fix-broken install
      it would will simply loop
      Quote:dpkg: dependency problems prevent processing triggers for gconf2:
      gconf2 depends on default-dbus-session-bus | dbus-session-bus; however:
      Package default-dbus-session-bus is not installed.
      Package dbus-user-session which provides default-dbus-session-bus is not configured yet.
      Package dbus-session-bus is not installed.
      Package dbus-user-session which provides dbus-session-bus is not configured yet.
      Package dbus-x11 which provides dbus-session-bus is not configured yet.
      dpkg: error processing package gconf2 (--configure):
      dependency problems - leaving triggers unprocessed
    • Then I called 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' and after that 'sudo apt-get --fix-broken install'. Now calling my update call from above worked.
  • Install Hybrid, it's tools and Vapoursynth
    • sudo apt-get install hybrid hybrid-tools hybrid-vapoursynth-extension
  • Calling 'hybrid' in a terminal, started the hybrid installation, restarting hybrid two times seems that Hybrid found all the tools.
  • Opening Hybrid
    • Start Hybrid
    • Loading the source sample I uploaded to the vm.
    • Starting the Vapoursynth Preview (-> preview opened)
    • Closing the preview (-> Hybrid crashed)

-> Now looking to how to debug this. Smile

Cu Selur
-> Using the dev version (downloaded it, made it executable and used it), I could not reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur