This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] [Anime] Who can recommend the settings?
Question 
Hello everybody! I'm writing through translate.google.com. I really like your project.
Can anyone recommend the best settings for converting an anime into 60 fps without artifacts? Or somewhere there is already a ready guide?
Does it make sense to use Field Matching or Override Area?
1080p30 8 bit win 10
a. you will always end up with artifacts
b. assuming you use SVP/Interframe it's probably a good idea to enable 'animation' as tuning. No clue where you see 'Field Matching' or 'Override area' in this context,..
c. don't know of any guide
(16.09.2017, 20:43)Selur Wrote: a. you will always end up with artifacts
b. assuming you use SVP/Interframe it's probably a good idea to enable 'animation' as tuning. No clue where you see 'Field Matching' or 'Override area' in this context,..
c. don't know of any guide

Thanks for the answer.
Another last question. Two. Rolleyes
1. what is wrong here? log
2. Whether it is possible so to do?
- by Selur: Removed link since it caused MalwareByte to pop up each time I refreshed the thread -
Quote:1. what is wrong here? log
no clue, stopped at the first line that states:
Quote:This log is only intended for user information. It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!

Quote:2. Whether it is possible so to do?
No clue. No image attached and link goes to blocked site.

Cu Selur
(16.09.2017, 16:17)0mgcast Wrote: Hello everybody! I'm writing through translate.google.com. I really like your project.
Can anyone recommend the best settings for converting an anime into 60 fps without artifacts? Or somewhere there is already a ready guide?
Does it make sense to use Field Matching or Override Area?
1080p30 8 bit win 10

I was able to bring down artefacts to a minimum (almost invisible) with these settings. Use InterFrame and select the Overwrite checkbox and replace the scripts with the following:

Smooth: {rate:{num:2,den:1},algo:13,mask:{area:0},scene:{mode:3}}
Super: {scale:{up:2},gpu:0,rc:0}
Analyse: {main:{search:{coarse:{distance:0},type:4}},refine:[{thsad:200}]}
Well, I'm using Google Translate, I'm Brazilian, I was using some settings and to convert to 60 fps, but when I go to watch after converting to 60 fps it appears these things other than what they are, how can I fix this?

https://prnt.sc/qiaasz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Let me start with: I can't really recommend any special anime settings since I:
a. rarely use frame interpolation
b. even more rarely encode animes

Also be aware that: There's is no real guarantied way to avoid interpolation artifacts during interpolation.

Depending on the source you should:
  • try different interpolation methods and settings, different interpolation methods and filters sometimes work better with different sources.
  • try settings other users used Smile

A small google search showed settings other users use, see for example https://github.com/Anime4000/IFME/wiki/A...cript:-SVP used SVP and the settings translated to:
  • Overwrite Smooth:
    {rate:{num: 120,den:1,abs:true},algo:13,mask:{area:200},scene:{}}
  • Overwrite Super:
    {scale:{up:0},gpu:1,rc:true}
  • Overwrite Analyse:
    {main:{search:{coarse:{distance:-8,bad:{sad:2000,range:24}},type:2}},refine:[{thsad:250}]}
For details about what the settings mean, checkout: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SVPflow

Cu Selur
Thank you ! I have been looking for an answer on this for a long time, thank you very much! Oh yeah, happy new year   Smile Smile Smile Rolleyes