This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan
I have two questions:

1. I know waifu2x is available under Vapoursynth and I know that waifu2x-caffe is off the table for reasons already stated elsewhere on the forum but have you ever given any thought to waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan? https://github.com/nihui/waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan

Some benchmarks I've seen show it as being faster than caffe and it doesn't suffer the same restrictions caffe does.

2. Is FPS adjusting possible in Vapoursynth like it is in Avisynth? I'd really like to be able to click 1 button and have an anime clip converted to 4k res 60 fps. Right now I'm using video2x to convert to 4k and then using Hybrid to convert to 60fps but I'd love it if I could just use 1 software.
(07.08.2019, 22:39)Greyscail Wrote: I have two questions:

1. I know waifu2x is available under Vapoursynth and I know that waifu2x-caffe is off the table for reasons already stated elsewhere on the forum but have you ever given any thought to waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan? https://github.com/nihui/waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan

Some benchmarks I've seen show it as being faster than caffe and it doesn't suffer the same restrictions caffe does.

2. Is FPS adjusting possible in Vapoursynth like it is in Avisynth? I'd really like to be able to click 1 button and have an anime clip converted to 4k res 60 fps. Right now I'm using video2x to convert to 4k and then using Hybrid to convert to 60fps but I'd love it if I could just use 1 software.

I found the Frame interpolation option under 'Other' for Vapoursynth
About waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan: Doesn't look like a Vapoursynth or Avisynth Plugin, but like a standalone tool.

Cu Selur
(08.08.2019, 06:28)Selur Wrote: About waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan: Doesn't look like a Vapoursynth or Avisynth Plugin, but like a standalone tool.

Cu Selur

I'm necroing an old thread of mine, I just came across this, thoughts?
Have you tried it?
Did a small test, seems to work fine here. -> will look into writing some code to support it, not sure if I find the time for it during the week, but should have time for it on the weekend.

Cu Selur
One bummer: According to the documentation that resizer only allows a max scale factor of 2. :/
(02.03.2020, 18:09)Selur Wrote: Have you tried it?
Did a small test, seems to work fine here. -> will look into writing some code to support it, not sure if I find the time for it during the week, but should have time for it on the weekend.

Cu Selur

To be perfectly honest I don't know how to use any vapoursynth or avisynth plugins that aren't accessible through Hybrid, that's why a was bringing it to your attention in Hope's that it'd be included in future releases. For my purposes 2x is fine but I dont speak for you, the creator, nor for the other users of Hybrid
send you a link to a dev version for testing yesterday, would be nice if you can do some testing with it. Smile
(03.03.2020, 06:08)Selur Wrote: send you a link to a dev version for testing yesterday, would be nice if you can do some testing with it. Smile

Sorry I didn't see it at the time, but unfortunately now that I have it installed I cannot get it to work at all, I've tried multiple different video encoders and they all throw an error with Waifu2x nvk being the only filter enabled. I can get it to run if I skip enabling Resize in the Crop/Resize window but that'd be redundant, I'm trying to upscale from 1080p to 4K (2x) so that shouldn't be an issue. I enabled the debug log and can't say much of it makes any sense to me, but I do see this line repeated several times throughout the file:

# resizing to 1920x1080
clip = core.w2xnvk.Waifu2x(clip=clip, scale=1, tile_size=32, gpu_id=1)

So with nothing else to go off of I think you accidentally hardcoded it to a scale factor of 1 rather than 2, and thats why ticking Resize and inputing a 2x resolution causes it to fail

I'll also add that I have a dedicated graphics card in addition to an intel cpu with integrated graphics, I tried changing the GPU id under Waifu2x nvk to no avail

https://pastebin.com/7gDvJaua
Will send you a new dev version link via pm in an hour or so which will fix the scale issue, no clue about gpu issue. :/

Cu Selur