This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Nvencc crash
When i try convert avi file to h265 using nvencc i get crash on constant quantizer encoding.Attached debug output lvl. 9.

I tried older and new video driver with no success.
Looking at:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\NVEncC.exe" --avhw native  --avi -i "D:\zPrzekonwertowane\Ancient.Aliens.PL.S01.BRRip.XviD-koldus\Ancient.Aliens.PL.S01E01.Dowody.BRRip.XviD-koldus.avi" --fps 23.976 --codec h265 --profile main10 --level auto --tier high --sar 64:45 --lookahead 16 --output-depth 10 --cqp 28:31:33 --gop-len 0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --bref-mode disabled --no-b-adapt --mv-precision Q-pel --preset quality --colormatrix bt470bg --vpp-resize default --output-res 720x576 --vpp-gauss disabled --cuda-schedule sync --output "D:\zPrzekonwertowane\Ancient.Aliens.PL.S01E01.Dowody.BRRip.XviD-koldus_23_19_13_0710_04.265"
I guess either:
a. the decoder of the gpu doesn't support decoding your source directly (try disabling 'Only use encoder')
or
b. there is a problem with the call (What happens if you call the call inside a Windows command prompt?)

Cu Selur
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.356]
© 2019 Microsoft Corporation. Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone.

C:\Users\siarap>"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\NVEncC.exe" --avhw native  --avi -i "D:\zPrzekonwertowane\Ancient.Aliens.PL.S01.BRRip.XviD-koldus\Ancient.Aliens.PL.S01E01.Dowody.BRRip.XviD-koldus.avi" --fps 23.976 --codec h265 --profile main10 --level auto --tier high --sar 64:45 --lookahead 16 --output-depth 10 --cqp 28:31:33 --gop-len 0 --ref 3 --bframes 3 --bref-mode disabled --no-b-adapt --mv-precision Q-pel --preset quality --colormatrix bt470bg --vpp-resize default --output-res 720x576 --vpp-gauss disabled --cuda-schedule sync --output "D:\zPrzekonwertowane\Ancient.Aliens.PL.S01E01.Dowody.BRRip.XviD-koldus_23_19_13_0710_04.265"
avi: failed to decode avi file.
Failed to open input file.

i disabled only use decoder and it works now.Thanks.
Happy that solved the problem and like I guessed it was a decoding problem. Smile

Cu Selur