This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Muxing interlaced video
Problem still persists that ffmpeg fails.
btw. main problem with the video seems to be that the video stream
- Track_1, mkv ID: 0, type: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
raw length: 255.2s
  - length in container: 255.28s
  - abs(stream - container length): 0.08s
  - stream/container length: 99.9687% (0.999687)
=> stretch factor: 29976/30000
is stretched and if you want to change the container to anything but mkv either the audio or video stream needs to be adjusted accordingly.
Hybrids stretch detection is broken and I'm trying to fix it, but even if it works remuxing this with Hybrid to ts and staying sync isn't possible.

Cu Selur
Seems like ffmpeg doesn't support muxing raw H.264 video to .ts streams.
ffmpeg -y  -i "E:\Temp\test_17_20_25_9610_01.264" -vcodec copy -map 0:0 -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -vtag avc1 -metadata encoding_tool="Hybrid 2019.09.23.1"  -aspect 177778:100000 -r 25 -fflags +genpts -f mpegts "E:\Output\test.ts"
doesn't work any more.
-> I'll disable muxing to ts when H.264 video is used.
So better stick with tsMuxeR.
Now I try remux source file contain audio with sample rate 44100 in the *.ts container. Box "Keep input sample rate" is unchecked. "Resample to" is set "48000". After start job immediately appears error

Quote:Error in audio job creation:
tsMuxer does not supported 44100Hz for LPCM format.
Supported values are: 48000, 96000, 192000
This is a restriction of tsMuxeR, nothing I can do about it.
(23.09.2019, 19:38)Selur Wrote: This is a restriction of tsMuxeR, nothing I can do about it.

You did not understand me. I change the sampling rate of the source file 44100 to 48000. Why TS-muxer does display an error?
Now I changed the container to mkv. In the output file, audio sample rate is 48000. Hybrid converts correctly from 44100 to 48000.
Quote:Why TS-muxer does display an error?
Ah okay, probably a bug.
even using:
ffmpeg -y  -i "Il Silenzio (Melissa Venema) [Live in Maastricht II] (N).mkv" -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mpegts "E:\Output\Il Silenzio (Melissa Venema) [Live in Maastricht II] (N)_new.ts"
produces an output file without audio.
-> seems like muxing PCM based audio to a transportstream using ffmpeg simply isn't possible.
Directly using the tsMuxeR to remux to transport stream also results in an asynch output.
(reencoding the video allows to use tsMuxeR to mux the new videostream and the audio into a ts file)
-> I give up on this file. Not sure what is wrong with it, but my guess it's broken somehow.

Cu Selur
(24.09.2019, 14:23)Selur Wrote: Directly using the tsMuxeR to remux to transport stream also results in an asynch output.
(reencoding the video allows to use tsMuxeR to mux the new videostream and the audio into a ts file)
-> I give up on this file. Not sure what is wrong with it, but my guess it's broken somehow.

Cu Selur
reading this topic or tried it with another file
the result is the same
video without audio
my opinion is a probema of tsMuxeR
Loading the file with LWLibAvSource causes the filter to crash (Avisnyth and Vapoursynth).
Extracting the raw stream and loading works with LWLibAvSource, but some frames are missing.
ffplay reports:
[h264 @ 000001c69d78e9c0] number of reference frames (0+5) exceeds max (4; probably corrupt input), discarding one
[h264 @ 000001c69d78e9c0] Increasing reorder buffer to 2
at the beginning of the file.
Might be an issue with libav or the way the VideoReDo created the mkv.
Not sure what the issue is, but I see no way atm. to work around it in Hybrid (aside from reencoding the video stream) to get a synch output while having ts/m2ts as output.

---------------
FFmpeg does not support muxing WAV/PCM into ts/m2ts.
Using tsMuxeR produced an async file (with audio and video).
Converting the video stream and using tsMuxeR produced a synch file with audio and video for me.

Cu Selur