This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] very colorful geometric pattern
I can generate the needed info for troubleshooting if required, but with such an obvious symptom I figured someone else certainly must have run across this before, and can point me towards a solution.
(the forum search didn't turn up any results for "colorful pattern")

The problem I am having is a very colorful geometric pattern, that dances around the screen, constantly changing...  (like a kaleidoscope of fractals)  instead of the image I saw in the preview before encoding.
Has anyone else gotten this type of output before?
No clue from my end.
I wanted to check back and let you know it was either a corrupt download, or the fact that I did an in place upgrade, rather than a clean install. (or a combination of the two)
I had the exact same problem on another machine, and because I used the same installation file, (transferred with a flash drive) it was for the same reason.
After uninstalling the program, manually deleting any left over files, folders, and registry entries...   a quick reboot...   then re-downloading, and reinstalling with the latest version...
all the previous problems are gone from both machines.  :-)   although I wish I could reproduce the output when I wanted to, because it was very cool to watch.