This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

NVENC / VCENC
(10.01.2020, 06:18)Selur Wrote: Normal log would include an info if the card would be considered incompartible.
CUDA under tool versions reveres to something else.
Drivers should be okay, current requirements of NVEncC should be NVENC SDK 9.1 and NVIDIA graphics driver 436.15+.

Do you use any and virus/firewall suite aside the one from Microsoft in cause you do try disabling it.
Another user reported an issue while using a solution from Comodo.

Also check the output of 'NVEncC --check-features'.

Cu Selur

I assume SDK 9.1 parts that are important are already part of Hybrid?

For checking output I need to have either way to output some log file, or some parameter to make that window stay open. Currently it just starts showing something for split second and then closes.

Other than that, I have just built-in MS stuff. Comodo definitely isnt high on my "would trust them" list. Big Grin Neither is MS, but cant do without them..
Hybrid uses NVEncC and current version of NVEncC require NVENC SDK 9.1 drivers.
You can always, download an older version of NVEncC copy the NVEncC64.exe into your Hybrid/64bit folder and rename it to NVEncC.exe.

Cu Selur
(12.01.2020, 19:18)Selur Wrote: Hybrid uses NVEncC and current version of NVEncC require  NVENC SDK 9.1 drivers.
You can always, download an older version of NVEncC copy the NVEncC64.exe into your Hybrid/64bit folder and rename it to NVEncC.exe.

Cu Selur

Hm, meaning you need to download dev version of SDK 9.1 drivers? Ones that require nVidia login?

Find it a bit strange given right at this moment I am recoding movie with NVEncC 4.60 which runs on NVENC API 9.1, CUDA 10.2 and ofc it works.

Where should be these files located in the system? NVENC SDK 9.1 I mean?
No you don't need to download anything.
All newer drivers 436.15+ (assuming you installed the drivers from NVIDIA and not through some Microsoft Update) use the SDK interfaces which NVEncC also uses.
-> if you use newer drivers NVEncC should work.
If it doesn't NVEncC has a few options:
--check-device               show DeviceId for GPUs available on system
   --check-hw [<int>]           check NVEnc codecs for specified DeviceId
                                  if unset, will check DeviceId #0
   --check-features [<int>]     check for NVEnc Features for specified DeviceId
   --check-environment          check for Environment Info
   --check-avversion            show dll version
   --check-codecs               show codecs available
   --check-encoders             show audio encoders available
   --check-decoders             show audio decoders available
   --check-profiles <string>    show profile names available for specified codec
   --check-formats              show in/out formats available
   --check-protocols            show in/out protocols available
   --check-filters              show filters available
which allow to check the environment&Co.

Cu Selur

Ps.: If you change something make sure to clear the tools change (Config->Tools->Clear all cached tools infos) othewise Hybrid will not check again for changes.
(14.01.2020, 20:17)Selur Wrote: No you don't need to download anything.
All newer drivers 436.15+ (assuming you installed the drivers from NVIDIA and not through some Microsoft Update) use the SDK interfaces which NVEncC also uses.
-> if you use newer drivers NVEncC should work.
If it doesn't NVEncC has a few options:
   --check-device               show DeviceId for GPUs available on system
   --check-hw [<int>]           check NVEnc codecs for specified DeviceId
   --check-features [<int>]     check for NVEnc Features for specified DeviceId
   --check-environment          check for Environment Info
   --check-avversion            show dll version
   --check-codecs               show codecs available
   --check-encoders             show audio encoders available
   --check-decoders             show audio decoders available
   --check-profiles <string>    show profile names available for specified codec
   --check-formats              show in/out formats available
   --check-protocols            show in/out protocols available
   --check-filters              show filters available
which allow to check the environment&Co.

Cu Selur

Ps.: If you change something make sure to clear the tools change (Config->Tools->Clear all cached tools infos) othewise Hybrid will not check again for changes.

[Image: kvhGDID.jpg]

Seems supported? I dont get it really.. Am I missing something? When I open file with Hybrid, under what is NvenCC hidden?

[Image: baISWvb.jpg]
Should it be listed there, if its working?
Have you cleared the tool cache?
Also check the normal log (under Log) if it contains a problem, my guess is that the name of the graphics card in the registry is the problem and Hybrid does not recognize it properly.

Cu Selur
(16.01.2020, 05:53)Selur Wrote: Have you cleared the tool cache?
Also check the normal log (under Log) if it contains a problem, my guess is that the name of the graphics card in the registry is the problem and Hybrid does not recognize it properly.

Cu Selur
"Detected the following cards which seem to lack NVIDIA PureVideo support:   Microsoft Basic Display Adapter   NVIDIA TITAN Xp COLLECTORS EDITION

No card found that's supported by nvenc, the CUDA encoding library. -> Removing CUDA based encoding support. Card name was compared against: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus"

Now what.. Sad
Ah "NVIDIA TITAN Xp COLLECTORS EDITION" is unknown to Hybrid.
Who came up with that name?!?
-> I'll look into it Smile
Fixed it locally.
Since you disabled PMs I can't send you a link to a dev version for testing.

Cu Selur
(16.01.2020, 19:11)Selur Wrote: Fixed it locally.
Since you disabled PMs I can't send you a link to a dev version for testing.

Cu Selur

I think I just left everything as it was, but enabled private messages from users now, soo.. it should work?

As for who invented that name, well probably person that wanted to make that Star Wars Collectors Edition. Given its still just Titan xP I dont know why they didnt keep that, was bound to break something sooner or later.

Maybe they didnt think anyone will actually use them apart displaying them in case..