This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

64-bit macOS Catalina (& VapourSynth)
What's being expected on Hybrid functionality with 64-bit macOS Catalina?
Will VapourSynth support still be implemented as usual?
Since I don't own a mac any more and thus stopped testing and compiling for Mac I can't really say anything about it.

Cu Selur
Will you be interested in continuing to develop for MacOS conditional that Hybrid user(s) procure 64-bit Mac (MacMini) for you?
Personally I have extra logic board with CPU and RAM for iMac 2014.
Sure, main hassle is compiling the needed tools and fixing Bugs. In general there is few Mac specific code in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
(24.12.2019, 16:42)Selur Wrote: Sure, main hassle is compiling the needed tools and fixing Bugs. In general there is few Mac specific code in Hybrid.

Cu Selur
Will this be sufficient?
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1...4_ghz.html
Assuming IT runs latest Mac OS, sure.

Cu Selur
I'll send you pm
Hello,

Another Mac user here who really loves Hybrid. Wondering if you were able to procure a Mac?
Nope, hasn't worked out so far.

Cu Selur
n4n, On macOS Catalina you probably need to disable gatekeeper, and de-quarantine app. Or better just downgrade to Mojave. There is too many useless security crap in Catalina. Apple is falling down...

After few hard weeks i was able to connect and setup Hybrid GUI with Vapoursynth on Mac, do deinterlace with QTGMC and export with ProRes422HQ. Hybrid and Vapoursynth with Plugins and Scripts packages needs some arrangement to make them work, but It is not so simple to understand because there is a huge amount of fragmented info over different forums blogs and filehostings. During last years VapourSynth and Plugins sources where compiled by different people to normal .pkg installers for macOS, so nothing too complicated with installation. No need to use Homebrew scripts in terminal anymore.

I am working now on VapourSynth+QTGMC Deinterlace+Hybrid UI Step by Step Manual for macOS.

Selur, don't be lazy Smile is it really so complicated to release one macOS update per 1-2 years? I personally can't offer you a Mac Mini but i'll be happy to add donation for this project. Currently old version of Hybrid works well on 10.14.6, but it just needs updated components, scripts and ability to read plugins directly from /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework instead of legacy /usr/local/lib/vapoursynth

New version of FFmpeg is most important because it includes a lot of bugfixes for ProRes codec. In other threads you notice that it is possible to put new FFmpeg library into old Hybrid. Can you provide step by step FAQ what exact FFmpeg components to download and where to replace them inside Hybrid app?