This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Problem by starting (Bug?)
I just installed the last version of Hybrid, but when I start it, it opens Mediainfo and I cannot close it and the program is not loading.
Everytime I close Mediainfo, it opens again.

The only way to close media info is to close the Hybrid process through Task Manager.

TIAPlease, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Quote:Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
that you did ignore,...

----
Not knowing what OS you are on and it's hard to say anything.

In general:
Hybrid does call 'mediainfo --version' to check the version of mediainfo, this normally should not open mediainfo.
My guess is that for some reason the mediainfo version you have on your system behaves differently.

Cu Selur
Here all the information request
  • What Hybrid version did you use? The last Windows version on your site: Hybrid_2019.12.01.1 and myw indows version is X64 10.0.18362.535

• What did happen? If an error message came up what did it exactly say? When I star Hybrid it open Mediainfo and it stuck. If I close Mediainfo it will be reopened endless. I can only close it if I close Hybrid through Task Manager.

• What did you do to get to the bug? (best thing is a detailed step-by-step guide so that I can reproduce the problem) Just start Hybrid

• Debug output would be helpful: Not possible because it doesn't start
  • a small sample, which allows the reprocudtion of the problem would be nice
Okay, on Windows mediainfo should come with Hybrid and work fine.
1. If you are using any anti virus tools (aside from Windows defender) or personal firewall try disabling them, it has happened to a handful of users over the years that some tools are over protective and hinder Hybrid from calling all the command line tools properly.
2. another issue might occur if mediainfo was installed on the system and added to the path. If that is the case deinstall it and try whether Hybrid works then. In case it does please tell me the version of MediaInfo you installed so I can try to reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur
I put my laptop in Airplane mode and deactivated my Firewall: Comodo and Hybrid started, but it needs almost 2 minutes.
After that I reactivated Comodo and Hybrid started without any problem and faster.
It's normal that the first start takes longer, 2min seems extreme, but happy that helped.
If further problems arise, best try whether it helps to disable Comodo. Wink

Cu Selur
I have never had problem with Comodo and Hybrid before this version.

Thanks
I can only say that the code at the beginning to check for the tools hasn't changed for years.
No clue why Comodo is causing problems.

Cu Selur