This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

scale=out_range=tv error with ffmpeg
Hi, I'm having trouble with latest (200111) Hybrid version when trying to encode videos.

It's very similar to : https://forum.selur.net/Thread-can-not-s...8-10-crash , in the sense that I'm also having a scale=out_range=tv in the ffmpeg that doesn't please ffmpeg. Here is the generated ffmpeg command:

"/usr/bin/ffmpeg" -y  -noautorotate -nostdin -threads 8 -i "/home/marc/files/my_movie.mkv" \
-map 0:0 -an -sn  scale=out_range=tv -pix_fmt yuv420p10le -strict -1 -vsync 0  -f yuv4mpegpipe

This crashes with

[NULL @ 0x558c44455dc0] Unable to find a suitable output format for 'scale=out_range=tv'

scale=out_range=tv: Invalid argument

Full debug log attached. Everything is almost default (just changed the x265 crf parameter) and reencode audio.

BTW, I'm using Linux (arch, 64 bits, up to date), and I started with a brand new Hybrid configuration to be on the safe side.

Regards,
MarcPlease, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Argh, seems like I missed that. (the case when ffmpeg isn't compiled with zscale)
-> will look into it

Cu selur
send you a pm with a link to a Hybrid dev version which should fix the issue.

Cu Selur
Yup, fixed. Thanks a lot !